Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe – Whether you’re allergic to dairy, or simply avoid it for health purposes, there’s no reason you should miss out on whipped cream!
A quick and easy, three ingredient recipe, this Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe is a staple in our house, especially for the holiday season. Ready to learn more? Keep reading!
Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe
I’ve been dairy-free for years now in order to reduce inflammation in my body, and maintain the most optimal health possible. And while dairy is seemingly everywhere, so are dairy-free alternatives these days! Besides the fact that we simply do not think milk does the body and any good, going dairy-free these days is easy peasy…or at the very least, not nearly the burden it was just a few years ago.
Here at Clean Cuisine, we like to keep things as simple as possible. Not only do I tend to feel better with short-ingredient foods, but I also love saving time in the kitchen. Clean eating shouldn’t be a full time job, so when I can simplify recipes, I do!
This Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe requires only three ingredients, and just ten minutes of hands-on time.
Tips for Making the Best Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe
Although simple ingredients, there are still certain tips and tricks that I use that make a major difference in the final product! Follow these tips for a sweet and creamy finish.
#1: Chill Coconut Cream Overnight
The first and most important piece of advice for creating a thick and creamy Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe is to chill the coconut cream in its container overnight. Chilling the coconut cream will help to separate the cream from the milk, so you can scoop out only the thickest and creamiest parts!
#2: Freeze the Mixing Bowl
Not only should you chill the coconut cream overnight, but placing your (preferably) metal bowl in the freezer a few hours prior to mixing drastically helps with consistency. I mixed this recipe in a KitchenAid Mixer, and also placed the whisk beater in the freezer for good measure. This brings me to my next point…
#3: Use an Electric Mixer
While you can get away with hand whisking many recipes, this Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe requires an electric mixer for peak fluffiness! Whether a hand mixer, or a stand mixer, you’ll definitely want to invest in something electric before trying this recipe.
The BEST Gum-Free Coconut Cream Brands
Here at Clean Cuisine, we love simple, transparent ingredient labels! However, gums and emulsifiers used to thicken many processed foods have been studied to lead to gastrointestinal upset (among other issues), and are on our list of ingredients we try to avoid.
Here are some of our favorite brands without added gums or emulsifiers!
Aroy’d Coconut Cream: This coconut cream is free of gums, additives, or preservatives, and always come thick, creamy, and perfectly smooth! Upon refrigeration, Aroy’d Coconut Cream separates well from the liquid, and makes for an easily mixed, fluffy coconut whipped cream!
Thrive Market Organic Coconut Cream: Another great option, Thrive Market’s very own coconut cream includes only two ingredients: organic coconut extract and water. This thick coconut cream is perfect for desserts and whipped cream!
Nature’s Greatest Foods: This brand of coconut cream is another great option without any additives. Organic, non-gmo, kosher certified, vegan, and transparent in their ingredients, Nature’s Greatest Foods is another brand we love and trust!
Trader Joe’s Coconut Cream: Trader Joe’s Brand Coconut Cream is another simple ingredient, easy option if you have a Trader Joe’s nearby! Very thick and creamy without added ingredients, this brand is another great one for baking and desserts!
How to Use Whipped Coconut Cream
Thick and creamy, this Whipped Cream is a tasty addition to many snacks and desserts! You don’t think of how much flavor and satisfaction whipped cream adds to a recipe, until you give up dairy. But don’t worry, it only took me a few short months before I created a recipe of my own!
Here are some ideas for enjoying your Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe:
- Dip for Fruit: Whipped cream makes a delicious dip for fruit, especially berries! Add this health Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe to fresh strawberries for a subtly sweet treat!
- Top Pies and Cakes: There’s nothing quite like a dollop of whipped cream to complete a big slice of pie or cake. From Pumpkin Pie, to Apple Pie Parfaits, to Strawberry Shortcake, whipped cream just adds that perfect finishing touch!
- Dollop on Pancakes and Waffles: Have a sweet tooth that hits in the morning time? Trade out your sugary cereal for Gluten Free Banana Pancakes or Blueberry Waffles with a dollop of whipped cream for good measure.
- Ice Cream Topping: Whether the middle of summer or winter, you’ll often find me enjoying a big bowl of healthy ice cream in the evenings! Whether you choose to make Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream, or opt for a healthy pre-made brand like Daily Harvest’s Scoops, a scoop of whipped cream on top is always a welcome addition!
Ready for the full recipe? Let’s dive in!Print
Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe
A quick and easy, three ingredient recipe, this Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe is a staple in our house, especially for the holiday season.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Electric Mixer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Begin by refrigerating coconut cream in original container overnight.
- Freeze metal mixing bowl and whisks for electric mixer for 3+ hours prior to beginning the recipe.
- Once coconut cream is refrigerated, remove from fridge and scoop out 2 cups of thick and creamy coconut cream layer into frozen mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla extract, and optional maple syrup.
- Whisk on high speed until stiff peaks are formed (normally 3-5 minutes). (If coconut cream is too thick for your preference, add in 1 tablespoon at a time of the liquid from the coconut cream can or carton until desired texture is desired).
- Enjoy immediately! **See notes
*Coconut cream is the thick and creamy layer on top of the coconut cream can or carton after being refrigerated overnight. 2 cups is equivalent to approximately 1, 33.8 ounce Aroy’d Coconut Cream Carton. For smaller canned coconut cream, you will likely need 2-3 cans, depending on the brand.
**Coconut Whipped Cream does not store well in the fridge, as it will harden if left in cold temperatures for an extended period of time.
Keywords: Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe