Add an extra festive touch to your Halloween or Thanksgiving buffet table, with this easy and delicious pumpkin hummus recipe. The hummus takes less than 10-minutes to whip together and then all you have to do is carve a mini pumpkin, add the hummus and sprinkle on a few pumpkin seeds. Voila! You’ll have a party perfect and crowd-pleasing dip in no time.
Made without oil, this pumpkin hummus recipe gets its creaminess from savory superfood tahini. The recipe as-is with the cumin has a mild Middle Eastern flavor profile, but I’ve actually made it with curry powder too, which is a fun way to mix things up.
Hummus and chips go together like peas and carrots and if you have a bit of extra time to make them, these whole grain homemade chips are pretty amazing.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 large can (29 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained (Note: Look for a BPA-free brand, such as Eden Foods))
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (Note: Look for BPA-free boxed pumpkin such as Pacific Foodsi])
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
P.S. Have You Seen Our Latest Collection of Healthy Dinner Recipes?
Check out our Clean Cuisine Dinners e-cookbook for a full month of doable, delicious dinners the whole family will love!