Cabbage Slaw for Fish Tacos – This crazy good cabbage slaw for fish tacos may not be on your “must make” dishes. However, if you’re making fish tacos, it definitely should be.
Plus, you can easily top burgers with this cabbage slaw or add to a side of homemade BBQ off the grill.
Quick, Easy and Tangy – Cabbage Slaw for Fish Tacos
My cabbage slaw for fish tacos gets around. Literally! My mom loves to make this recipe and now my friends and other family have been asking for it too. When a little tiny recipe gets this much attention, it’s time to add it to Clean Cuisine.
This recipe is not only clean and visually appealing, but it adds the perfect crunch to fish tacos.
My recipe below is a little bit peppery with a small bit of fresh jalapeno and garlic. However, it’s not so much that it overpowers the dish. Plus, this healthy recipe for cabbage slaw for fish tacos is only pulled together by fresh lime juice. Of course, lime juice from a bottle does work too.
Make this Cabbage Slaw in Less than 10 Minutes
While you’re busy prepping your dinner, you can easily have this cabbage slaw ready to go in time. Or, of course you can add this to your favorite burger or anything BBQ. Try out our Turkey Burger and add a little cumin or cilantro instead of the parsley in the recipe card. Then, you’ll have a delicious inspired burger with this cabbage slaw.
Try Adding in some Mango with this Amazing Topping!
Oh, and anything mango would be a great additional flavor to serve along with this cabbage slaw for fish tacos. For example, if you are doing a fish taco bar, then consider incorporating a fresh chopped mango bowl on the buffet table.
Or if you are serving Black Bean Burgers, you could serve them with a mango spritzer (puree frozen mango chunks with a crisp white wine and seltzer.)
This Cabbage Slaw for Fish Tacos is Loaded with Nutrition – Get a Big Serving
If the idea of making delicious slaw is one thing, but consider anti-inflammatory diet health perks too.
- Cabbage is rich in a number of organic sulfur compounds, including diindolylmethane (DIM), indole-3-carbonal (I3C) and sulforaphane. Which has been shown to reduce oxidative stress and protect brains cells. This is all done by inducing the production of glutathione, a potent cellular antioxidant.
- Plus, this delicious vegetable also plays a very important role in supporting the body’s natural detoxification process.
- With the exception of vitamin K, cabbage is a nutritionally superior choice over green cabbage. It also contains more anthocyanins, double the amount of iron, more potassium, 10 times more Vitamin and more Vitamin C.
And best of all, making this cabbage slaw for fish tacos can easily be made in 2 steps.
Cabbage Slaw for Fish Tacos
Cabbage Slaw for Fish Tacos is so tangy, citrusy and delicious. You’re going to want to make grilled or fried fish tacos to go with it!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 3 cups green and/or red cabbage, julienned
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- OPTIONAL: 1 jalapeño, minced (seeds removed)
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, garlic, sea salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl mixing bowl, combine the cabbage with the jalapeno and diced red onion, if using. Add the lime mixture and toss to coat. Add in the cilantro and combine well. Serve at room temperature.
Last Step!If you loved our recipe, leave us a review below. This helps future recipe makers and ensures continued high-quality recipes for years to come!
Keywords: Cabbage Slaw for Fish Tacos
Looking for More Mexican-Inspired Dishes?
Check out some of our favorite dishes that would pair nicely with this lime and cilantro flavored topping:
- Stuffed Mexican Peppers are loaded with quinoa, brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, onion and so much more.
- Refried Beans Dip are perfect with Homemade Tortillas — or our Homemade Tortilla Chips!
- Try these Easy Enchiladas loaded with chicken and an amazing cashew cream that won’t leave you pining for the missing cheese in this dish.
- One of my absolute favorite dishes… Mojo Shrimp made with orange and lime juice — with perfectly roasted cauliflower rice.
If you like this delicious dish, be sure to check out a full month’s menu of delicious healthy dinner recipes (including weekly shopping lists!) in our Clean Cuisine Dinners digital cookbook.