Recipe for Salmon Burgers – There is something so absolutely satisfying to bite into a recipe for Salmon Burgers slathered with homemade garlic sauce. This Sauce for Salmon Burgers actually takes this burger to a whole new level.
This Recipe for Salmon Burgers is for Sharing
When I originally made this recipe, I had 2 large cans of canned salmon that needed to be used. So, forgive me, but this recipe makes 8 big salmon burgers. So, if you’re going to be hosting some friends OR you love leftovers, make the recipe for Salmon Burgers as is below.
But, if you’re just cooking for 2, cut it in half. However, you’re going to want to make the whole recipe Just trust me on this!
Recipe for Salmon Burgers — the new Crab Cake Burger
Have you ever had a Crab Cake Burger? Well, crab is a tasty treat because it’s so expensive. What I love about this recipe for salmon burgers is that you can buy a few cans of canned salmon and make this tasty dish emulate a crab cake burger.
Don’t Skip on the Classic Old Bay Seasoning
Honestly, the one ingredient that is going to make or break this recipe is Old Bay. So, if you don’t have Old Bay — just move this recipe to next week on your menu.
The smell of Old Bay is so distinct that while I was making these my husband thought we were having crab burgers. Much to his surprise, he was thrilled to realize that this recipe for salmon burgers was an excellent substitute. Plus, much cheaper on our shopping budget.
Garlic Sauce for Salmon Burgers
This delicious sauce for salmon burgers literally uplevels the entire recipe. If you’re not a fan of a really heavy garlic sauce, then use less garlic cloves in the recipe below. The garlic sauce is made with mayonnaise, garlic, chives or green onions, lemon juice, sea salt and fresh parsley.
Using a high speed blender or mini food processor, add all ingredients but the parsley. Combine until creamy and then mix in the parsley. If you LOVE garlic and want more sauce for salmon burgers, make an extra serving. For our family, we went through that sauce quick!
Sauce for Salmon Burgers is Dairy Free
If you are going for a dairy free garlic sauce, you’ll definitely want to check out our vegan mayo here.
Great Side Dish Options for this Recipe for Salmon Burgers
We love this recipe for salmon burgers with delicious garlic sauce smothered on top and nestled inside a toasted Whole Grain Gluten Free bun from Udi’s. Oh, so delicious. However, if you are looking for some side dish options, here’s our favorite:
- A heaping side of fresh Cabbage Coleslaw will do the trick. You may even want to nestle some right on top of your burger.
- This bright Summer Succotash is another great options.
- An easy vegetable dish like this Broccoli Rabe or Roasted Brussel Sprouts add another green vegetable to your plate without a lot of effort.
- A delicious side salad is always an option – try this Dinner Salad option out.
The Perfect Gluten Free Whole Grain Hamburger Roll
I have yet to perfect the perfect whole grain hamburger roll using brown rice in my kitchen. But, if you have been on the hunt, then stop right there. This new Udi’s Whole Grain Gluten Free Roll is made with brown rice flour and toasts perfectly every time.
Be Sure To Use WILD Sockeye Salmon
Yes, there is a difference between wild and farmed. We always choose wild salmon and you can find this at most stores. We found ours at our local Publix where they have a wide variety of options to choose from.
Wild sockeye salmon is the absolute cleanest and most nutritious choice. Read more about the top 15 tips for choosing the best fish HERE.
Recipe for Salmon Burgers
Recipe for Salmon Burgers plus a delicious Garlic Cream Sauce that takes this Salmon Burger over the top. Delicious with or without a bun!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 3 tablespoon
- 1 cup Spanish onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 6–8 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons organic gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning*
- 3 1/2 cups or 30 ounces of wild sockeye salmon
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free bread crumbs
- Stone-ground cornmeal, for dusting
- OPTIONAL: Udi’s Whole Grain Gluten Free Buns
GARLIC SAUCE FOR SALMON BURGERS INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 cup of mayo, try our vegan mayo
- 4–6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chives or green onions
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- OPTIONAL: Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a 12″ ceramic skillet over medium heat; add the minced onions and celery. Sauté until soft for about 8 minutes. Add the minced garlic and combine. Saute for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh parsley. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer/sieve and push out the excess liquid. Set aside to cool.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the eggs first and whisk until lightly beaten. Add the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Old Bay seasoning and combine.
- To the egg mixture, add the salmon (flake apart with a fork) and the bread crumbs. Mix well. Then, fold in the celery mixture that’s been strained.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions to form 8 patties, pressing each together with your hands. Sprinkle both sides of each patty with cornmeal. Transfer the patties to a large platter and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400º F
- Remove the patties from the freezer and heat a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil in a large cast iron skillet or similar. When the oil is hot very carefully add 3-4 patties and cook for 1½ minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining patties. Transfer the patties to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with Garlic Sauce for Salmon Burgers.
GARLIC SAUCE FOR SALMON BURGERS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place mayo, garlic, chives or green onions, lemon juice and salt in a high-speed blender or mini food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in fresh parsley. Set aside.
*If you love Old Bay, add a little more to your liking. This recipe calls for 2 teaspoons, but I typically add between 1-2 tablespoons. Enjoy.
Keywords: Recipe for Salmon Burgers