Gummy Bear Recipe – This Gummy Bear Recipe is a major game changer, and a snack you and your whole family will love! While there are tons of healthy dessert recipes out there, healthy candy recipes can be more difficult to come by. Because of this, I knew it was time to make my very own Gummy Bear recipe!
With only three easy ingredients you may already have in your pantry, you can make totally clean and healthy, zero repercussions treat everyone can enjoy! Let’s get into it.
Gummy Bears Recipe
With so many simple and healthy sweets recipes out there, candy often gets pushed to the wayside. But if you’re anything like me, you don’t want to give up your candy in the name of a clean eating diet! Thankfully, you don’t have to. While you may have to look a little harder, there are countless healthy candy recipes out there, and I’m currently working to add more of my homemade favorites to Clean Cuisine for you to enjoy!
While our making homemade gummy bears may sound really difficult, they’re actually much easier to make than you think. Like mentioned earlier, my Gummy Bears Recipe requires only 3 ingredients, and just a few minutes of hands-on time from start to finish.
After you make this recipe once, you’ll want to make it over-and-over again! It might even become a snack staple in your home like it has mine. So how exactly do you make this Gummy Bear Recipe?
How to Make this Gummy Bear Recipe
Making this Gummy Bear Recipe is simple, easy, and quick! While some recipes are more involved and time consuming that others, in general, I try to keep my recipes as simple and easy as possible. With such a busy life, the less time required in the kitchen, the better in my book!
Here’s how simple this Gummy Bears Recipe really is:
- Step 1: Place fruit juice of choice in a saucepan – While most conventional gummies use artificial flavors to mimic the taste of fruit, this recipe uses REAL fruit juice. If at all possible, opt for organic, single-ingredient juice, not from concentrate. And before you ask, yes, whole fruit is always better than fruit juice. However, there are still benefits to real fruit juice, and in the case of healthier candy alternatives, a fruit based Gummy Bear Recipe is a MUCH better option than your average pre-packaged alternative.
- Step 2: Sprinkle on Gelatin – A high-quality gelatin is not only incredibly gut-healing, but it is also what gives gummies their gummy texture! Gelatin is very versatile, and is perfect for making Healthy Marshmallows, Egg Replacements, and much more! Allow gelatin to bloom on fruit juice for 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Add in Honey – Instead of high fructose corn syrup, this recipe uses honey to achieve it’s candy-like sweetness. Honey is full of nutrients and antioxidants, and offers numerous health benefits that largely out beat refined, empty-calorie sugar. If preferred, the honey in this Gummy Bear Recipe can easily be swapped for pure maple syrup.
What’s Wrong with Pre-Packaged Gummy Bears?
Gummy bears have been a long-time favorite of mine, but until I began eating clean, I was naive to how much junk are in these products! Not only are they full of sugar, but they are also full of artificial, unhealthy, and unnecessary ingredients that are nothing less than incredibly harmful to the body (yes, even the ones that are “made with real fruit”).
The average packaged gummy has an ingredient list that includes: glucose syrup (from wheat or corn), refined sugar, artificial dyes, artificial flavors, and dextrose.
It doesn’t take a health expert to know that these ingredients are not beneficial to the body in any way. Even worse, refined sugar like this is highly addictive. In essence, the more sugar-filled gummy bears you eat, the more you’ll want to eat!
How to Stop Sugar Cravings
The sugar-addiction cycle is one I was stuck in for years, and can be a very difficult habit to break. How to stop sugar cravings is a complex and long process that you must be dedicated too. The secret to breaking this addiction for me was not by deprivation, but instead, swapping out my cravings for healthier alternatives!
Of course eating whole fruit is an amazing alternative for chocolate fudge ice cream, and if it satisfies your sweet tooth, by all means, make the swap! However, when I was first getting off of sugar, I needed totally equivalent swaps in their healthy forms. And still to this day, often crave healthy desserts, which is completely fine when made with clean ingredients, and natural sweeteners!
Healthy Alternatives to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Recipe for Gluten Free Brownies: If you’re a chocolate lover like I am, you’ll LOVE this Recipe for Gluten Free Brownies. These brownies are moist, chewy and SO delicious. Made with cassava flour, naturally sweetened and nutritious.
Recipe for Cookie Dough: This Recipe for Cookie Dough is a quick and delicious dessert. It’s also free of eggs, and the danger of foodborne illnesses!
Apple Pie Parfaits: Apple Pie Parfaits are an incredibly easy and sweet alternative to a traditional apple pie. Loaded with nutrients and sweetened naturally.
These recipes are just a few out of the many clean desserts we offer here at Clean Cuisine. The key to moving past sugar addiction is preparedness. Pick a couple out, and keep them on hand for when those sweet cravings hit!
These gummies maintain the best texture when kept in the fridge, and are the perfect movie night snack for both kids, and adults! I can’t wait to share them with you, so let’s jump into the recipe!Print
How to Make Healthy Gummies
With only three easy ingredients, you can make a totally clean and healthy Gummy Bear Recipe everyone can enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: German
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Add fruit juice to a sauce pan, and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to “bloom” for 5 minutes.
- Turn to medium-heat, and stir slowly with whisk until gelatin begins to dissolve.
- Add in honey until fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and fill gummy molds with dropper.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes, pop out gummies, and refill. Repeat this process until there is no remaining juice. *note: if gummy mixture hardens before next batch, simply reheat on low until melted, and continue the process.
- Store in fridge, and enjoy!
Keywords: Gummy Bear Recipe