Gummies have been a long-time favorite of mine, but until I began eating clean, I was naive to how much junk are in these products! Not only are they full of sugar, but they are also full of artificial, unhealthy, and unnecessary ingredients that are nothing less than incredibly harmful to the body (yes, even the ones that are “made with real fruit”).
Because of this, I knew it was time to make my very own Gummy Bear recipe! And it’s actually much easier than you’d think. With only three easy ingredients you may already own, you can make totally clean and healthy, zero repercussions treat the whole family will love! Let’s get into it.
Conventional Gummy Bears
The average packaged gummy is going to have an ingredient list that includes: glucose syrup (from wheat or corn), refined sugar, artificial dyes, artificial flavors, and dextrose.
It doesn’t take a health expert to know that these ingredients are not beneficial to the body in any way. But what if there was an alternative that tastes just as good, and only requires 3 ingredients?! 3 ingredients that are refined sugar free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and 100% natural!
With just fruit juice, gelatin, and honey (or maple if preferred), you can make the most delicious, and nutrient-dense gummies that you can feel good about eating, and feeding to your kids!
These gummies maintain the best texture when kept in the fridge, and are the perfect movie night snack for both kids, and adults! I can’t wait to share them with you, so lets jump into the recipe!Print
How to Make Healthy Gummies
1. Add fruit juice to a sauce pan, and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to “bloom” for 5 minutes.
2. Turn to medium-heat, and stir slowly with whisk until gelatin begins to dissolve.
3. Add in honey until fully dissolved.
4. Remove from heat, and fill gummy molds with dropper.
5. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes, pop out gummies, and refill. Repeat this process until there is no remaining juice. *note: if gummy mixture hardens before next batch, simply reheat on low until melted, and continue the process.
6. Store in fridge, and enjoy!