Gummies have been a long-time favorite of mine, but until I began eating clean, I never paid attention to how many artificial, unhealthy, and unnecessary ingredients are added (yes, even the ones that are marketed as “made with real fruit”).
The average packaged gummy is going to have an ingredient list that includes: glucose syrup (from wheat or corn), refined sugar, artificial dyes, artificial flavors, and dextrose.
It doesn’t take a health expert to know that these ingredients are not beneficial to the body in any way. But what if I told you there was an alternative that tasted just as good, and only required 3 ingredients?! 3 ingredients that are refined sugar free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and 100% natural!
With just fruit juice, gelatin, and honey (or maple if preferred), you can make the most delicious, and nutrient-dense gummies that you can feel good about eating, and feeding to your kids!
These gummies are best stored in the fridge, and are the perfect movie night snack for both kids, and adults! I can’t wait to share them with you, so lets jump into the recipe!Print
1. Add fruit juice to a sauce pan, and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to “bloom” for 5 minutes.
2. Turn to medium-heat, and stir slowly with whisk until gelatin begins to dissolve.
3. Add in honey until fully dissolved.
4. Remove from heat, and fill gummy molds with dropper.
5. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes, pop out gummies, and refill. Repeat this process until there is no remaining juice.
6. Store in fridge, and enjoy!