Recipe for Gluten Free Brownies – Not only is this recipe for Gluten Free Brownies healthy, but my daughter compares them to box brownies full of wheat, sugar and dairy. Which means, this is a WINNING recipe.
This recipe for gluten free brownies makes the most incredibly moist and chewiest brownies ever.
How to Make this recipe for Gluten Free Brownies
There are a handful of simple ingredients that make these gluten free brownies taste so delicious while keeping them nutritious too. From the type of flour, natural sweeteners and raw cacao. Plus, you can use dairy free dark chocolate chips and if you love nuts, add a handful of raw pecans or raw walnuts.
The best part about this recipe for gluten free brownies is that you just need 1 mixing bowl and a high speed blender. Easy to make and easy to clean up.
Simple Swaps to Make the Perfect “Box Brownie” Much Healthier!
I love when our kids try out new clean recipes and can’t tell if we made them using standard American diet ingredients or healthy ingredients. For these brownies, they compare the most to box brownies. So, if you love the moist and chewiness of brownies made from a box – then this is your recipe.
Here are some 2 very simple swaps we made to make this recipe for gluten free brownies the best ever: Cassava Flour and Raw Cacao Powder
Use Rich and Nutritious Cassava Flour
I know it can be hard to keep track of all the wheat-free and gluten-free alternative flours out there, but cassava flour is yet another one you will surely want to know about. You can buy our favorite brand directly from Otto’s — an amazing small family owned business.
If you are familiar with the clean eating diet guidelines we promote in our book, then you know our family is not gluten or wheat free. However, I know SO many of our readers are and so I try to do gluten free when possible these days.
What Is Cassava Flour?
I had NO idea what cassava flour was until just a few weeks ago but it has quickly become one of my favorite all-purpose flours (I’ve been using Otto’s brand). I keep adding new recipes because I just love how perfect this flour substitutes for whole grain flour or wheat flour.
We have made this recipe for Gluten Free Brownies three times in the past 2 weeks because, yes, my family loves it THAT much. The other recipes I have made using cassava flour have been pancakes and these delicious cinnamon buns. Everything has been delicious!
Cassava Flour is Naturally Gluten Free
One of the best parts about using cassava flour is that it’s gluten free. You can use 3/4 of a cup of cassava gluten free for every 1 cup of wheat flour in many traditional recipes. You can learn more about it here.
Here’s a few more things to learn about Cassava Flour:
- Cassava flour is a “whole food” and single-ingredient gluten free all purpose flour.
- Made from yuca, cassava flour is a staple food around the world for centuries.
- Unlike tapioca flour, cassava flour uses the WHOLE root, not just the extracted starch.
- For those with allergies, cassava flour is a wonderful nut, gluten and grain-free alternative flour.
- It has a mild flavor and light texture that make it perfect for baking!
- Although it is not ultra-fiber rich, cassava flour has a healthy 2 grams of fiber per 25 grams of carbohydrate.
- Cassava is exceptionally high in antioxidant vitamin C compared to many other staple crops (and grains) and a better vitamin C source than potatoes, yams, wheat brown rice, corn and plantains.
- Cassava flour is a naturally good source of manganese, potassium and folate.
Super Nutritious Raw Cacao Powder
Cacao is the active health-promoting ingredient in chocolate. Raw cacao is a true superfood. This superfood powder has one of the highest plant-based sources of iron and magnesium.
In addition, it has over 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries and more calcium than cow’s milk. By the way, here are 10 reasons why milk does not do a body good.
Enough chit chat. Let’s make this recipe for gluten free brownies!!Print
Recipe for Gluten Free Brownies
Recipe for gluten free brownies are moist, chewy and SO delicious. Made with cassava flour, naturally sweetened and nutritious.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 32
- Total Time: 47 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 3/4 cup
- 2/3 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 organic pasture raised eggs
- 1 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 20 organic
- 1 cup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup raw walnuts or raw pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly oil the sides of an 9×13-inch baking dish and line the bottom with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cacao powder, cassava flour and salt. Set aside.
- I add the eggs, maple syrup, dates, coconut oil, applesauce, flaxseed and vanilla. Process on high until smooth and creamy.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well to combine. If using, stir in the dark chocolate chips and/or chopped nuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 32-35 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Brownies are best served warm.
Keywords: Recipe for Gluten Free Brownies
P.S. Looking for more clean brownie recipes? Be sure to check out my recipe for Black Bean Brownies too 😉