Black Bean and Corn Salad – I can’t say enough about how deliciously perfect this Black Bean and Corn Salad recipe came together. The flavors of cilantro, fresh garlic, lime juice and zest create the perfect balance to the peppers, black beans and corn.
This is one recipe you’re going to want to hold onto.
Perfect for “Mexican Recipe” Night – Black Bean and Corn Salad
Every week, sometimes 2-3 nights a week we have a “Mexican night”. Whether we’re making Fish Tacos with homemade Cabbage Salad, Street Tacos, homemade Chicken Enchiladas or a big tray of Loaded Nachos with Cilantro Lime Crema.
The simplicity and few ingredients required makes grabbing what I need at the store easy and a natural go-to choice. So, if you’re like my family, you want to grab this recipe and keep the black beans, corn and cilantro on hand. Toss in a few peppers and your Black Bean and Corn Salad will be ready to server in no time.
When it Comes to Beans – Choose Organic, BPA-free Cans
I use a LOT of of beans in our recipes here at Clean Cuisine. Especially in the fall, you’ll see that a lot of our soups and chilis combine more than 1 bean to get the most benefit. Beans have a resistant starch that provides incredible benefit to the digestive system and to your body.
If you are buying canned black beans for this recipe, versus soaking and cooking your own, it’s super important to look for BPA-free cans. As you may have heard, BPA is a toxic chemical and endocrine disruptor.
Most organic brands are packaged in cans without these harmful toxins. Soft cans are also generally a non-toxic option.
So, when in doubt, grab organic black beans.
Beans are Loaded with Nutrients!
Beans are an amazing source of vegan protein. They also offer an impressive dose of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and iron. Beans have been shown to reduce the risk of cancer, aid in gut health by helping to foster good gut bacteria, and they boost your heart health! A good tip is to include at least 1/2 cup of beans into our diet each day!
Making the Easiest Black Bean and Corn Salad in 2 Steps
You can EASILY make this recipe in two simple steps.
STEP #1: In a classic batter bowl, combine the following: black beans, corn kernels, red pepper, green pepper, red onion and minced garlic.
STEP#2: In a smaller batter bowl, add the extra virgin olive oil. While whisking, slowly add the lime juice and whisk until well combined. Then, add the zest, coconut sugar, sea salt and cayenne pepper. Whisk until well combined and a dressing is formed.
Then, all you have to do is combine the two by drizzling the dressing over the beans and folding in the fresh chopped cilantro and serve.
How to Serve your Black Bean and Corn Salad
There are many ways to use this black bean and corn salad recipe. You can easily serve this tasty mixture over a bed of chopped green leaf lettuce. Add a few sea salt pepitas and tortilla strips. Then, just make a little bit more of the black bean and corn salad dressing below to drizzle.
You can also easily add this to our recipe for Homemade Nachos in place of the refried beans.
But, one of our favorite ways to enjoy this recipe is with homemade tortilla chips.
Serve this Recipe for Black Bean and Corn Salad with Homemade Tortilla Chips
This recipe for black bean dip is absolutely perfect with carrot sticks, celery sticks, red pepper slices and cucumber slices. However, we absolutely love to eat this black bean dip with homemade tortilla chips made from corn tortillas.
There’s something absolutely satisfying to know that you made your own food using whole food ingredients.
If you LOVE This Recipe for Black Bean and Corn Salad – Check Out Other Mexican Favorites!
If you love Mexican-inspired recipes as much as we do, then you know it’s not always easy to find healthy recipes. However, I am committed over the next several months to build our Mexican Recipe category. This Black Bean and Corn Salad is just one of many you’re going to find on our site.
Here are some of my recent favorites:
- Homemade Refried Beans Dip — Much healthier than the canned version and so tasty with our homemade tortilla chips.
- Homemade Guacamole – Pairs perfectly with veggies or our tortilla chips.
- Stuffed Mexican Peppers with Quinoa is a vegetarian dish loaded with flavors. Of course, you can always add some grilled chicken or steak.
- Mojo Shrimp Skillet with Cauliflower Rice is has lots of garlic, citrus and fresh cilantro.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
Black Bean and Corn Salad – I can’t say enough about how deliciously perfect this Black Bean and Corn Salad recipe came together.
- 2 cans organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup organic corn kernals
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- In a classic batter bowl, combine the following: black beans, corn kernels, red pepper, green pepper, red onion and minced garlic.
- In a smaller batter bowl, add the extra virgin olive oil. While whisking, slowly add the lime juice and whisk until well combined.
- To the oil and lime bowl, add the zest, coconut sugar, sea salt and cayenne pepper. Whisk until well combined and a dressing is formed.
- Drizzle the oil and lime mixture over the beans and vegetables stirring well until fully combined.
- Fold in the fresh chopped cilantro and serve.