Homemade apple pie parfaits is the perfect balance of traditional homemade apple pie and ice cream without the guilt! Sweetened naturally and loaded with healthful nutrients, these apple pie parfaits are the perfect treat.
My absolute favorite part of fall is picking fresh apples, and using them in delicious, autumn inspired desserts like this one! These Apple Pie Parfaits are an incredibly easy and sweet alternative to a traditional apple pie.
With 3 mouth-watering layers of caramel, spiced crumble, and pan-fried apples topped with ice cream, nothing satisfies a sweet tooth quite like these! Oh, and did I mention they’re made with all clean ingredients? They’re paleo, SCD, vegan modifiable, vegetarian, and AIP. Seriously…what do you have to lose?
How to Make Perfect Apple Pie Parfaits
I’ve experimented with this recipe numerous times, and I’ve picked up some tips and tricks along the way to optimize the flavor. While these are by no means necessary, implementing these small changes will make a huge difference in taste!
Use Fresh-Picked Apples
I never thought fresh apples would make that big of a difference in flavor, until I tasted fresh apples. Whether you decide to pick them yourself, or get them from a local farmers market, I promise, it’s so worth it!!
Feel free to use whatever apples you prefer, but personally, I love ambrosia, or fuji for this recipe. We also recommend your apples are organic. Click here to learn more.
Use Small Shredded Coconut Flakes
Later in this article, you’ll learn how to make the crumble component of this recipe. While it turns out just fine with regular sized coconut flakes, the very small shredded ones are the very best for this recipe.
Once baked with honey, the small shreds take on a crunchy, yet perfectly chewy texture that just take this recipe over the top!
Top With A Healthy, Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Again, while ice cream is not required for this recipe, it’s my personal favorite finishing touch to this dessert. Daily Harvest recently came out with an ice cream line called “Scoops”. While they’re dairy-free, vegan, gum-free, and refined-sugar free, I promise, you’d never know the difference!
Thick, creamy, and perfectly sweet, their Vanilla + Salted, Swirled Black Sesame is the perfect way to top off this parfait. Find their Scoops here!
Simple and Healthy Ingredients to Make Apple Pie Parfaits
The ingredients in this recipe are incredibly minimal, and like mentioned above, totally clean! Here’s all the ingredients you need for the recipe!
Organic Fresh Picked Apples are Best!
Like I talked about earlier, fresh-picked are best! You’ll need around 6 small apples, or 3-4 large apples to make enough to serve 3. When we’re not in apple picking season, look for organic bagged apples instead.
Unsweetened Organic Coconut Flakes
Coconut flakes and honey (plus apple pie seasoning) are a natural sweetener and make the delicious crumble in this parfait. The smaller, the better when it comes to this recipe!
Make Homemade Caramel Sauce
This isn’t just any caramel you can find on a grocery store shelf. This caramel requires only 2 ingredients, and is totally clean! With just coconut cream, and honey, you can make this delicious caramel in only around 40 minutes.
As an alternative, you can buy this clean, pre-packaged version from The Date Lady!
Choose Limited Ingredient Ice Cream
Both Fronen and Daily Harvest are great choices for clean, pre-packaged ice cream. However, you can always make your own “banana nice-cream” at home with only frozen bananas, vanilla extract, and nut milk!
Love Apple Desserts? Try out our Favorites!
One of our favorite smoothies is this deliciously satisfying Green Apple Smoothie full of healthy nutrients. Or, if you’re looking for a warm drink, check out our Hot Apple Cinnamon Smoothie. We also have a clean version of Homemade Apple Crisp and a French Apple Tart.
Apple Pie Parfaits
Apple Pie Parfaits are an incredibly easy and sweet alternative to a traditional apple pie. Loaded with nutrients and sweetened naturally.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 3 Servings 1x
- 1 cup of homemade caramel sauce
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup honey, or swap for
- 6 small apples
- 1 tablespoon
- vanilla ice cream, like Daily Harvest, or homemade banana “nice-cream”
- Begin by making the homemade caramel sauce as it does take about 35 minutes to complete. Once you remove the finished caramel sauce from heat and allowed to cool, caramel will thicken exponentially. For rapid cooling, place in a glass container in the freezer while finishing the rest of the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350º f, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- COCONUT LAYER: In a large bowl, mix shredded coconut, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon (reserving 1 teaspoon for the sauteed apples), ginger, nutmeg and either honey or maple syrup.
- Spread in a thin layer on the baking sheet, and allow to bake for 5-10 minutes until the crumble achieves a light, golden color. Do not overbake! Set aside to fully cool until sticky, and crunchy.
- APPLE LAYER: Dice the apples and coat evenly in cinnamon. Melt coconut oil in a skillet, and saute apples for 5-10 minutes, or until crisp, and tender. Remove, and let cool.
Assemble your Apple Pie Parfaits
- Begin by drizzling the inside of your cup with caramel drizzle.
- Next, add a small layer of coconut crumble, and then a small layer of pan-fried apples. Repeat until 3/4 of the cup is filled.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream, and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Last Step!If you loved our recipe, leave us a review below. This helps future recipe makers and ensures continued high-quality recipes for years to come!
*If caramel separates over night, reheat on low-medium heat on the stovetop, and mix until recombined.
5 Autoimmune Disease Diet Changes - Autoimmune Sisters
Monday 29th of March 2021
[…] a clean eating diet by adding new recipes from Clean Cuisine to your menu. Some of our favorites: Apple Pie Parfaits, Celeriac Leek Stew, Cinnamon Sugar Donuts, and Homemade Gummy […]