A basic pie crust recipe is one of those staples grandmothers once passed down from generation to generation. Of course it wouldn’t necessarily be a gluten free pie crust recipe nor would it in any way actually be nutritious, but it most certainly would have been foolproof. And tasty. As with any staple recipe, taste always rules.
Nowadays most people just grab some factory-made garbage of a crust from the frozen food section when and if the inspiration to bake a pie suddenly washes over them. But, if you are craving the taste of a real deal homespun pie crust that is also nutritious (yes! such a thing does exist) and just don’t have the time or desire to make a traditional crust, I’ve got the perfect solution…
Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe is Tasty, Easy-to-Make and Nutritious!
Luckily, I’ve got a delicious gluten free pie crust recipe that is totally foolproof. It will save you from falling into the frozen pie crust trap and also keep you from spending all day in the kitchen. Unlike a conventional pie crust recipe that takes upward of 40 minutes to make, this one cuts the prep time down by more than half. You won’t even need to dig up your rolling pin.
And, not only is it gluten free, this pie crust recipe has no refined sugar, no nasty Crisco and no refined flour.
It is definitely a staple recipe to print, save and share 😉
More Clean Cuisine Pie Recipes:
If you’re like us and want delicious, but healthy recipes… look no further. Here’s a few of our favorite Clean Cuisine pie recipes:
Click here for our Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie
Click here for our Summer Berry Mango Pie
Click here for our Dairy Free Key Lime Pie
Click here for our Persimmon Pie with Coconut Pie Crust
Pin this graphic to save for later!Print
This deliciously easy gluten free pie crust makes it easy for us to make and enjoy all of our favorite summer and fall pies.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin organic coconut oil, such as Barlean’s, softened
- 1/4 cup organic Grade A maple syrup, such as Crown
- 1 organic (pastured egg)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the oil, maple syrup, egg and vanilla to a food processor and process briefly, until ingredients are blended.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, sorghum flour, salt and baking soda to the wet ingredients and process until ingredients are well blended.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
For Pies that Do NOT Require Additional Baking: Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Allow the crust to cool completely before adding the filling.
For Pies that Require a Par-Baked Crust Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Transfer crust to freezer for 25 minutes before adding the filling. To prevent the edges from burning, cover with a crust shield or aluminum foil.