This deliciously easy gluten free pie crust makes it easy for us to make and enjoy all of our favorite summer and fall pies.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin organic coconut oil, such as Barlean’s, softened
- 1/4 cup organic Grade A maple syrup, such as Crown
- 1 organic (pastured egg)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the oil, maple syrup, egg and vanilla to a food processor and process briefly, until ingredients are blended.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, sorghum flour, salt and baking soda to the wet ingredients and process until ingredients are well blended.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
For Pies that Do NOT Require Additional Baking: Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Allow the crust to cool completely before adding the filling.
For Pies that Require a Par-Baked Crust Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Transfer crust to freezer for 25 minutes before adding the filling. To prevent the edges from burning, cover with a crust shield or aluminum foil.