My mom developed this bright and lively Lemony Tofu Salad recipe a few months back and I love it so much it has since become my most requested dish when we go to dinner at her house. In fact, she took the beautiful photos the last time she had us to dinner.
Luckily, it’s a breeze to make, so at least mom doesn’t have to spend all day in the kitchen making it! While at first glace this dish may appear to have a rather lengthy ingredient list for a “breezy” recipe, it really is not at all labor intensive. You can whip the whole thing together in under 15 minutes. And, unlike most salad recipes, Lemony Tofu Salad calls for very little chopping.Print
Mom’s Lemony Tofu Salad Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3/4 c dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 package (14 ounces extra firm organic tofu, patted super dry with paper towels and cut into small little squares)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, onion powder and red pepper flakes. Set mixture aside
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu and sear 2 minutes each side. Pour the wine mixture over the tofu and cook for about 3 minutes. Gently stir in the cherry tomatoes. Remove skillet from heat and set aside (note: the cherry tomatoes will slightly wilt)
- In a separate bowl, prepare the lemon vinaigrette by mixing together the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and capers.
- Toss the chopped romaine lettuce with the lemon vinaigrette. Divide the lettuce among 6 individual salad plates. Drain the tofu and capers from the liquid and then arrange on top of the salad. Serve at room temperature.