This candied pecans recipe is not only a classic party appetizer, they always seem right at home no matter what the occasion.
They are definitely a back-pocket recipe to have around the upcoming holiday season. If you put them in a pretty box, they even make a lovely and delicious housewarming gift.
Candied Pecans are Perfect on Salads
Candied Pecans add the perfect crunch to salads as a delicious and nutritious toppers. Strawberry-Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans and our new Fall Harvest salad are two of my favorite salad combinations.)
How to Make Candied Pecans Recipe
Making this candied pecan recipe is super easy and they take less than 15 minutes to make. You’re going to whisk the egg whites, vanilla and water together until it’s frothy. Then, add in the seasonings, toss in the pecans and bake.
Yes, it’s truly that simple. Be sure to use a silpat baking mat or unbleached parchment paper liner. Even if you use a stoneware baking pan. Just trust me, you’ll be thankful you can just toss the mess after baking the pecans.
Are Candied Pecans Clean?
How do candied pecans align with clean eating? After all, aren’t candied pecans made with sugar? Well yes, conventional sugared nut recipes are most definitely made with refined sugar, but I use all-natural, unrefineddate sugar instead.
We especially love the naturally sweet Date Lady Date Sugar — and if you have a chance, try out their Date Syrup. It is so delicious.
What is date sugar?
Made from dehydrated, ground dates, date sugar is an incredible “clean” sweetener. It has all of the nutritional properties of dates. And you can use it just like you would brown sugar.Print
Candied Pecans Recipe
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time:60 minutes
- Total Time:75 minutes
- 2 organic egg whites, pastured
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 3/4 cupdate sugar, we love Date Lady
- 1 1/2 pounds raw pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly oil the paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg white with water and vanilla until very frothy. Add in the cinnamon, salt and date sugar. Add in the pecans and toss with clean hands to coat.
- Pour the coated pecans over the parchment-lined baking sheets and spread into an even layer.
- Bake pecans for 1 hour 10 minutes, stirring once after 30 minutes. Remove nuts from oven and allow to cool and harden for 30 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and store for 1 week or freeze in a zip-top bag for up to a month.
Looking for More Easy but Healthy Appetizers?
Check out this very simple 7 Layer Dip that is perfect for big groups.
Looking for something savory? Try these super delicious Stuffed Mushrooms — they are so much easier to make than you think.
Of course, Classic Nachos are perfect too with our Lime Crema sauce.