This corn pudding recipe elevates the typical dinner side dish to something a little more special. It takes less than 15 minutes to whip together and really is not the least bit complicated to make. I would definitely say it’s a weeknight winner, but there’s no reason you couldn’t also serve it to guests too.
If you are making it for the kids, serving it (or anything else, really) in individual ramekins practically guarantees no complaints at the dinner table. I don’t know what it is about single portion servings, but kids seem to love just about anything served in a cute little dish. Adults too! (wink)
And while clean eating and the conventional corn pudding recipe may not typically go hand in hand, this one is dairy free (no butter, no cream and no cheese), has no sugar and no refined flour. Like many Clean Cuisine recipes, the creaminess comes from cashew cream.
Oh, and leftover make a delicious breakfast!Print
Dairy Free Corn Pudding Recipe
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups thawed organic thawed frozen corn
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 organic (pastured eggs (such as Vital Farms))
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup spelt flour (we prefer sprouted spelt flour, such as One Degree Organics)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil the bottom and sides of eight 4-ounce ramekins.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat; add the shallots and sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Transfer the shallot-garlic mixture to a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix).
- To the blender, add the corn, cashews, water, eggs, salt, pepper, paprika and flour. Process on high for about 1 minute, or until ingredients are smooth and creamy. Stir in the thyme.
- Pour the corn mixture into the prepared ramekins. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until center is firm. Serve warm.
Hungry for More Healthy Dinner Recipes?
Check out our Clean Cuisine Dinners e-cookbook for a full month of deliciously doable meals the whole family will love!