Recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread – Not only is this recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread perfect for fall, but let’s be honest. You can easily enjoy this healthy pumpkin bread all year long. This soft and moist pumpkin loaf is so delicious that you’re going to want to make a double batch.
If you do double this recipe — you can easily turn half the batter into 12 muffins and still make a loaf of healthy pumpkin bread.
Super Healthy Recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread – Full of Seasonal Flavors
This recipe for chocolate chip pumpkin bread combines two of my favorite fall produce picks into one tasty treat. The 100% pure organic pumpkin pure lends to the perfect moisture while the apples add a natural sweetener.
This recipe calls for no refined sugar — but is shockingly delicious. By using whole fruit from the apples, applesauce and dates, we are getting the most nutrients out of this recipe.
Plus, a slice of this healthy pumpkin bread can be enjoyed for either breakfast, an afternoon snack or even dessert.
Coconut Manna as the Perfect Companion to this Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Have you ever used Coconut Manna before? If not, you’re in for a real treat. Especially if you spread this on top of our a slice of our Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. Better than butter and loaded with super healthy nutrients… but also delicious!
Coconut manna (aka: coconut butter) is different than coconut oil because it contains the “whole” coconut in a pureed form. Which means, it also includes the fiber from the coconut, not just the oil. So really, it is an even more nutritious option than even extra virgin coconut oil and it makes an absolutely delicious alternative to dairy butter for spreads.
“Whole” fat such as coconut butter, flaxseeds or olives will always be more nutrient-rich options when compared to their oil counterparts.
Coconut Manna Kitchen Tip: the oil in the coconut butter tends to separate to the top. To liquefy and blend, place jar in hot water for 5-10 minutes and stir.
Where can you get Nutiva brand Coconut Manna?
I have seen Nutiva Coconut Manna locally at our Whole Foods Market and natural foods store, but the cheapest place I have found it is online either at Thrive Market or Vitacost.com. They are my favorite online discount grocery shopping destination for health foods and as well as healthy lifestyle products. You will also be able to find healthy skin care, beauty products, nutrition supplements, etc
How to Make Pumpkin Bread That is Really Healthy!
For some individuals with gluten sensitivity, I have a hunch that glyphosates, which are herbicide toxins, might be contributing to their issues. And it turns out glyphosates are found in some gluten-free grains now too. In general, everyone should avoid glyphosates.
But for now, we’re going to stick to clean eating – which means choosing a healthy whole grain, gluten free flour. Swapping refined sugar for natural sweeteners. And a little bit of coconut oil goes a long way!
HEALTHY TIP: We love and use Xtrema Cookware because it’s 100% non-toxic and guaranteed that nothing is leaching into our foods. You can get an additional 15% off by using our exclusive code: CCX15 with your order.
Make this Healthy Pumpkin Bread in 3 Simple Steps:
All you need for this recipe is a large bowl, a high speed blender, and a loaf pan.
Step #1: Line your non-toxic loaf pan with coconut oil or unbleached parchment paper.
Step #2: Add all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and all of the wet ingredients to a blender and puree. Simple enough.
Step #3: Combine the pumpkin puree to the dry ingredients. Mix well, add in some chocolate, apples and raisins and bake!
4 Healthy Swaps to Make this Recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
There are 4 simple and healthy swaps I made for this recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Because if we’re going to eat a loaf of pumpkin bread, then it’s going to be a healthy pumpkin bread.
#1: Use Whole Grain Gluten Free Flour for a Deliciously Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
I swapped out the traditional wheat flour with whole grain, gluten free flour made by King Arthur Flour. The flour is a cup-for-cup replacement for any of your other cookie recipes that call for flour.
#2: Naturally Sweetened with Fruit
We love using pitted dates as a sweetener replacement for refined white sugar. You can also use date sugar or coconut sugar if you have them. Plus, we added some applesauce and apples to give the sweetening a little depth.
#3: Always, Always Bake with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
If you’ve not tried coconut oil before, I want to encourage you to pick up a small coconut oil from Nutiva Organics and experiment with it. I’m going to venture to say that coconut oil makes even better cookies than butter. Trust me, a few years ago I doubted this myself.
#4: Swap Aluminum Metal Baking Pans for Non-Toxic Baking Pans
You’re going to hear me say this for the rest of my life — but please, consider swapping your pans. Aluminum and other metals can leach into your food and the non-stick pans and ceramic-coated pans are even worse! Ick. If you’re looking for a place to start this Xtrema 9″x5″ Loaf Pan is a good go-to in my kitchen plus you can save an extra 15% off by using our exclusive code: CCX15 with your order.
Then slowly, over the next few years, begin switching out your toxic kitchen cookware for 100% ceramic cookware. Xtrema Cookware is our go-to for stovetop cooking, this new deep sided loaf pan and the 6-count muffin tins. All other baking, we prefer Pampered Chef for their durability, amazing heat retention and easy-to-clean surfaces.
My Favorite Clean Recipes with Pumpkin Pie Spice
I absolutely love fall and using our homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe as much as possible in the fall. This blend gives off the perfect warmth flavor to all of my favorite recipes. Remember, you can easily swap out cinnamon for the same amount of pumpkin pie spice — you’ll just get a big bump up in flavor and health benefits.
- Pumpkin Donuts Recipe – The delicious pumpkin donuts paired with a “brown sugar” frosting and topped with toasted walnuts or pecans could not make me any happier.
- Easy Candied Pecans Recipe – Looking for a quick and easy Candied Pecans Recipe? Well, you’ve found it. Using a skillet and less than 10 minutes of prep time, this is by far the easiest candied pecans recipe I’ve ever made.
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf – I love making this Healthy Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf during the fall. It is perfect for a Halloween treat-and-great, for Thanksgiving and perfectly versatile.
Recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is better than anywhere else. Not only is it healthy Pumpkin Bread but also gluten free, dairy free and contains no refined sugar. It’s is healthy and deliciously nutritious for fall.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1/2 cup organic canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1 cup organic pitted dates
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole grain
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 cup finely chopped organic apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Coconut Manna – to spread on when warm!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees – Line your non-toxic 9″x5″ loaf pan with coconut oil or unbleached parchment paper.
- In a high speed blender, place the pumpkin puree, applesauce, dates, melted coconut oil, pastured eggs, water and vanilla extract and process until smooth and creamy. About 1-3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir the wet ingredients in with the dry.
- Then, fold in any add-ins you want to add to this healthy pumpkin bread recipe. Chocolate chips, apples and raisins are our favorites!
- Transfer the batter to a loaf pan. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let pumpkin bread sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve warm.
NOTE: You can also made 12 muffins — but bake for about 20-22 minutes instead!
Last Step! If you loved our recipe, leave us a review below. This helps future recipe makers and ensures continued high-quality recipes for years to come!
Keywords: Recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Wednesday 4th of November 2015
I'm going to try now with sprouted spelt flour!!
Tuesday 10th of November 2015
Oh do let me know how you like it Crystal ;)