- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees – Line your non-toxic 9″x5″ loaf pan with coconut oil or unbleached parchment paper.
- In a high speed blender, place the pumpkin puree, applesauce, dates, melted coconut oil, pastured eggs, water and vanilla extract and process until smooth and creamy. About 1-3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir the wet ingredients in with the dry.
- Then, fold in any add-ins you want to add to this healthy pumpkin bread recipe. Chocolate chips, apples and raisins are our favorites!
- Transfer the batter to a loaf pan. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let pumpkin bread sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve warm.
NOTE: You can also made 12 muffins — but bake for about 20-22 minutes instead!