The Best Deviled Eggs – Creamy little morsels of perfection is the best deviled eggs recipe loaded with flavor. With each hard boiled egg, you can enjoy the delicious and savory flavors: dill, garlic, smoked paprika and sea salt.
Don’t worry about peeling hard-boiled eggs. We have a fool-proof way to make hard-boiled eggs that peel easily every single time.
Making the Best Deviled Eggs
This deviled eggs recipe derives from my family recipe for Creamy Egg Salad made with pastured eggs. There are a handful of amazing flavors that make this recipe the best deviled eggs ever.
The three flavors you’re going to taste in this creamy recipe is dill relish, freshly minced garlic and smoked paprika.
#1: Choose Dill Relish for a Zing plus fresh Dill too!
Dill Relish is uses fresh cucumbers, onion, pickling salt, onion, red pepper, turmeric and dill seed. Be on the lookout for dill relish because sometimes companies add sugar – but it’s not necessary at all.
Dill relish is fermented pickles which are full of good bacteria called probiotics; which are important for gut health. I also chopped up some fresh dill to serve with the best deviled eggs ever recipe.
#2: Garlic Makes Everything Better… at least we think so!
Garlic is a wonderful antiviral and anti-inflammatory food. This recipes only calls for a little bit, but if you’re brave and want more health benefits from it – add a few more cloves! Garlic can also help to boost you immune system.
#3: Smoked Paprika – in the recipe and sprinkled on top!
Smoke Paprika is the Spanish cousin to the more commonly used sweet Hungarian paprika. Sweet Paprika ingredients include pimiento peppers that are dried and smoked over an oak fire. The pimento peppers are ground into a fine powder and perfect for seasoning these eggs.
Smoke Paprika really does add the extra flair to this dish. My favorite brand is from Trader Joe’s – but if you don’t have a TJ’s nearby, you can buy it online too.
How to Make Easy Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs
I have made 100’s of hard-boiled eggs and I have tried literally every single method to make peeling them easier. Except no, I have never baked them in the oven because the idea of “baking” an egg just seems so weird to me.
But I have boiled them in water, boiled the water first, microwaved them in water and in a steamer. I have added the eggs to ice baths both in the fridge and out of the fridge. I have tried everything.
The One Method Guaranteeing Easy Peel Eggs
With all of this trial and error, I have found the one method that guarantees easy peel eggs and the perfect timing for the most delectable, creamy yolk centers.
Steamed on the stovetop for 10-12 minutes make the PERFECT, easy to peel hard boiled eggs. It just takes a few minutes and a steamer basket or steamer pan, but these eggs are perfect every single time.
I cannot stress how important this has been to making recipes so much easier that include hard-boiled eggs.
- Best Egg Salad Recipe ever!
- Easy Ramen Noodle Bowl with Soft-boiled eggs
- Shiitake Mushroom Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Deviled Eggs with Pumpkin and Sage
- Healthy Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Creamy Egg Salad without Mayo
Egg Free Mayo to the Rescue
Homemade mayo can be absolutely delicious. Ivy Larson, founder of Clean Cuisine created this recipe a few years ago and is one of the most widely visited recipes on our site. A few weeks ago, someone commented that it tasted like Duke’s, and boy was she right.
So, if you’re a fan of Hellman’s or Duke’s, you will be pleasantly surprised by the amazing flavor.
The Best Deviled Eggs — Perfect for an Appetizer, Side Dish or Quick Snack
Creating a platter using this best deviled eggs recipe is a perfect appetizer for holiday meals. In our home, we serve these deviled eggs with every major holiday out of respect for my childhood and my mom’s crafting of holiday meals. Paired easily with this “brown sugar” glazed ham made with coconut sugar or this roasted pastured chicken recipe.
Or, add this recipe as a side dish to an outdoor summer dinner or fall meal on the patio with grilled Mediterranean Chicken.
We also love having a tray of these delicious little protein-packed morsels as a post-school snack or a post-workout snack for our kids.
More Healthy Snacks…
Speaking of snacks, I’m always trying to come up with quick and easy ways to feed our growing teenagers healthy and whole snacks. So, in addition to these best deviled eggs recipe, here are a handful more that you can prepare in advance of your kids begging for a snack!
- Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip served with carrots and celery. This dip is has tons of veggies and can be eaten with just about anything. We use organic carrots with the skins on and chopped celery.
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are loaded with creamy cheesecake filling and berries. The perfect combination.
- Cowboy Cookies recipe has chocolate chips, coconut flakes, dried cherries or cranberries, old fashioned oats and pecans or walnuts. The perfect “granola” cookie that’s healthy too.
- Blueberry Loaf with Lemon Glaze can also easily be made into muffins that are ready to grab off the counter. Wild blueberries are high in antioxidants and a perfect addition to a healthy snack.
The Best Deviled Eggs
Creamy little morsels of perfection are the best deviled eggs loaded with flavor. Dill, garlic, smoked paprika and sea salt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Mixing bowl
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Peel the hard boiled eggs, rinsed and gently dry off with a paper towel.
- Slice in half lengthwise and remove the yolks placing them in a small mixing bowl. With a fork or handheld pastry blender, smash until well broken up.
- Add the mayonnaise, dill relish, mustard, garlic, paprika and sea salt and mix together until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into each of the hardboiled egg whites. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and sea salt along with some fresh chopped green onions.
- Best served immediately or chilled.
Keywords: The Best Deviled Eggs