Recipe for Cheesecake Strawberries – Looking for a festive and healthy dessert for your 4th of July Celebration? Look no further than this red, white, and blue Recipe for Cheesecake Strawberries!
Loaded with vegan, protein-rich cream cheese, topped with blueberries, and sprinkled with a sneaky, crunchy, superfood topping, this recipe is loaded with nutrients, health benefits, and flavor!
Recipe for Cheesecake Strawberries
This Recipe for Cheesecake Strawberries is the perfect finger food dessert for guests to grab and enjoy throughout the day. And the best part is, they’re super easy to make, and require zero cook time! Whip this fail-proof recipe up the day of with no stress or worry.
While a popular 4th of July dessert, my Recipe for Cheesecake Strawberries is different. This is because although filled with a sweet and creamy cheesecake center, it is still totally vegan, and refined-sugar free! Thankfully, cleaning this recipe up is super simple with my homemade vegan cream cheese recipe.
Vegan Cream Cheese
The most important part of a vegan cream cheese recipe is that it’s creamy, and of course, tastes like real, dairy-filled cream cheese! Creamy? Check! Tastes like real, dairy-filled cream cheese? Check!…well, for the most part. I have to be totally honest, dairy-free anything is never going to taste EXACTLY like cow’s milk or cheese when compared side-by-side. However, this comes pretty darn close, and definitely passes the delicious flavor test. A few years off of dairy at this point, and I personally can’t even tell the difference. Click here to learn why we avoid dairy.
So what’s the secret ingredient in my vegan cream cheese recipe that makes it so so creamy? Cashews! Soak cashews for a few hours before making this cream cheese, and blend with honey, lemon juice, vanilla, and coconut oil, and you’ve got a seriously addictive vegan-cream cheese to use on EVERYTHING.
Earlier, I mentioned that this Recipe for Cheesecake Strawberries is topped off with a crunchy superfood topping. Instead of making a shortbread crumble, requiring extra steps, and less health benefits, I went with hemp seeds! Hemp seeds are the perfect topping for this recipe, offering a crunchy exterior, with a mild neutral/nutty flavor, and TONS of health benefits! So what’s all the hype about hemp seeds? Well, hemp seeds are…
Filled with protein: Hemp seeds are one of the few plants considered a complete protein, and offer almost 10g of protein per 3 tbsp! Click here to read more.
Great sources of fiber: Hemp seeds have been studied to aid in healthy digestion, due to their substantial levels of fiber, with around 1.2g per serving! Click here to read more.
Full of Omega-3’s and Omega-6’s Fatty Acids: Both fo these fatty acids are incredibly beneficial for reducing inflammation, as well as support a healthy immune system and heart. Click here to read more.
All of this to say, hemp seeds are a delicious and filling superfood loaded with health benefits! Whenever I have the chance to add them into a snack or meal, I take advantage of it!
Recipes for 4th of July
Looking for some extra recipes for the 4th of July? Try these recipes!
Fruit Salad: This Red, White & Blue 4th of July Fruit Salad recipe is the perfect touch for bringing a little Independence Day spirit to your holiday BBQ table.
Lamb Burgers Recipe: Grilling out? If you love lamb, or just looking for a lean, savory burger – this lamb burgers recipe is going to hit the spot.
Chopped Cabbage as Salad: This deliciously crisp, creamy and tangy Chopped Cabbage as Salad is a perfect side dish to an outdoor summer gathering.
Recipe for Mango Pie: This Summer Berry recipe for Mango Pie is yet one more reason to love summer. Bursting with fresh, in-season fruits, this recipe for Mango Pie is going to be a highlight for your summers too!
Healthy Condiments: Did you know most condiments are loaded with sugar and unhealthy ingredients? Try these homemade versions instead!
Ready to move onto the recipe? Let’s get into it!
Recipe for Cheesecake Strawberries
This red, white, and blue Recipe for Cheesecake Strawberries is perfect for this year’s 4th of July celebration!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 9 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Fruit + Superfood Crumble
- 32 ounces organic fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- Organic fresh blueberries, washed and dried (amount is up to preference, but I used 11 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds, or more up based off of preference
Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 3 hours prior to beginning recipe
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature, soft enough to easily scoop
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons honey, swap for maple syrup if vegan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Begin by soaking cashews in enough water to cover for 3 hours.
- Place cashews in a high speed blender (like this one), and add in lemon juice, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Blend until smooth, and then place in a piping bag (I LOVE this Icing Decorator from Pampered Chef). Set aside.
- Wash and dry the strawberries, and place on cutting board.
- Cut off stems, and then cut strawberries lengthwise (Click here for my favorite knife).
- Use a small scooper (I used a 1/8 teaspoon) to gently carve out middle of strawberries, being sure to leave enough to maintain stability of the strawberry.
- Pipe cream cheese into center of strawberries, and top with desired amount of blueberries.
- Continue this process until all strawberries are gone.
- Sprinkle all Cheesecake Strawberries with hemp seeds, and serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving.
Keywords: Recipe for Cheesecake Strawberries