Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip – Oh yes, I know why you found this recipe. You love the spicy buffalo flavor of classic wing dip, but you’re looking for a Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip. One without all the heavy cream cheese and dairy stuck in your gut. Loaded with vegetables and a vegan based cheese, you are going to love this recipe for Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip.
How to Make Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
Making this Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip dairy free and loaded with flavor wasn’t difficult. In fact, for years my family and I have enjoyed classic wing dip and the stomach discomfort to follow. Mostly because I was naive to believe I couldn’t make it taste amazing and healthy at the same time.
Well, it is possible and my family loves this Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip better than the original. We loaded this up with saute vegetables and substituted the dairy-based cream cheese with coconut cream cheese. Wow, so delicious.
Plus, you can trust us — because I was raised near Buffalo and wing dip is in my genes! haha.
Loaded with Vegetables and Served with Vegetables
Around here, we love adding vegetables to every dish and this recipe is no different. Not only do we add delicious sauteed vegetables to this Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip, but we also serve them alongside.
Bell Peppers Add Flavor:
Bell peppers are known for being rich in many vitamins and antioxidants, especially vitamin C and carotenoids. Naturally, they may have several health benefits. Loading your recipes with bell peppers could improve your eye health and reduce the risk of several chronic diseases. All in all, bell peppers are an excellent addition to a healthy diet.
Garlic – Oh, We Just Love Garlic:
We absolutely love recipes loaded with garlic. Garlic consumption is so important for overall heart health. Something that America should definitely get on board with. In Italy and Korea they consumed a garlic-rich diet by consuming 8-12 cloves per day. However, research shows about 10 grams of garlic a day (about 3 or 4 cloves) will give you significant health benefits.
Onion Has Health Benefits Too!
In our recipe, we are using Spanish onions, but most other onions can easily substitute for each other. Onions have layers of health benefits and are packed with nutrients. Some of the nutrients in onions may help promote heart health along with cancer-fighting antioxidants. So, whenever possible — add garlic and onion to every meal you make.
Almond Crackers and Cut Veggies Pair Perfectly with our Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Recipe
Not only do we add vegetables to our Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip, but serving them with veggies is perfect too. However, if you would rather go a little less vegetable-based with this dish, look for Simple Mills Almond Crackers or make your own salty Tortilla Chips using this recipe.
The Simple Mills Almond Crackers only have a few simple, readable ingredients.
- Nut and Seed Flour Blend (Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Flax Seeds), Tapioca, Cassava, Organic Sunflower Oil, Sea Salt, Organic Onion, Organic Garlic, Rosemary Extract (For Freshness).
We are so impressed with these crackers and excited that Simple Mills has started to make other brands. You can now find them in your local grocery, but at Thrive Market, they are always about 25% cheaper. Worth the purchase and shipped typically within just a few days.
So, go by yourself some buffalo wing sauce and enjoy with these tasty, clean delicious crackers.
If You Love this Recipe, Try These:
Some of our absolutely favorite dip recipes on Clean Cuisine are below. Packed with whole vegetable nutrients and beans, these dips are perfect for a meal or just for a quick snack. We also love making them for football season and big get togethers. Easy to make and perfect to enjoy, check them out and let us know what you think.
- Recipe for Black Bean Dip – Organic black beans paired with peaches, jalapeño and cilantro. Perfect as a no-tomato salsa.
- Salmon Salad or Dip – Loaded with flavor and made with simple canned salmon; super easy!
- Refried Beans Dip – Make this for vegetables, homemade tortilla chips or adding to tortilla for wholesome and tasty burritos.
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip – Dairy free, quick to make and super flavorful.
Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip is loaded with flavor, sauteed vegetables and a coconut-based cream cheese that will keep your gut happy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Spanish onion, diced
- 4–6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds remove and diced*
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken thighs, shredded
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce or hot sauce
- 8 oz coconut cream cheese, like Miyoko’s
- In a large 12″ skillet, like this 100% ceramic one, over medium heat and the extra virgin olive oil along with the peppers, garlic, onion and jalapeño. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Saute for about 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through and translucent.
- To the skillet, and the shredded chicken and continue to saute until the chicken is warmed, about 4-6 minutes.
- Next, add the buffalo wing sauce or hot sauce to the skillet. If you like it spicier, add a little bit more. You can always add more at the end, if you want to increase the spiciness even more.
- Lastly, add the cream cheese to the skillet and let is soften. Mix the softened cream cheese in with the vegetables and chicken.
- Serve with homemade tortilla chips, almond crackers or lots of vegetables.
* If you want to add a little heat to this recipe for Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip, just leave a few seeds from the jalapeno and chop them before adding to the dip bowl.
Keywords: Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip