The After-Party for Your Kale and Artichoke Dip RecipeDips always go pretty quickly at a party and since I am crazy for leftovers (cook once, eat twice!), I always double my artichoke dip recipe. What do I do with it the next day? I either use it as a spread for celery sticks or make a roasted veggie sandwich on homemade whole grain bread using the artichoke dip as an alternative spread to mayo. So good!
Kale and Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Two 14-ounce boxes frozen artichokes (such as Bird’s Eye brand)
- 1 tablespoon plus 3 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 5 large handfuls kale
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Unrefined sea salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- White pepper (to taste)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 slice whole grain spelt bread (or whole grain or gluten-free whole grain bread of choice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the artichokes on a large cookie sheet and drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil and salt to taste. Roast for 40 minutes. Remove artichokes from oven and set aside to cool. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Use a mezzaluna or knife to finely chop the kale. Set kale aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat; add the shallots and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, kale and lemon juice and cook until kale is completely wilted, about 2 minutes. Set shallot and kale mixture aside.
- Add the water, pine nuts, white pepper and a pinch of nutmeg to a Vitamix; process until smooth and creamy. Add the roasted artichokes and process again. Spoon the artichoke mixture out of the Vitamix and transfer to the skillet with the shallots and kale. Stir to incorporate all ingredients. Transfer the artichoke-kale mixture into a small casserole dish and set aside.
- Clean the Vitamix container out and add the bread and remaining 1 teaspoon oil; process into very fine crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the artichoke-kale mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Last Step! If you loved our recipe, leave us a review below. This helps future recipe makers and ensures continued high-quality recipes for years to come!