Recipe for Black Bean Dip – A fresh spin on the classic black bean and mango salsa, is this delicious recipe for Black Bean Dip with Peaches. Perfect for the summer when peach season is in full swing.
Perfect for Summer – Recipe for Black Bean Dip with Peaches
This summer recipe for black bean dip is a twist on the classic black bean salsa. The main difference being that I used peaches instead of mangoes. I had intended to make the dish with mangoes but mine weren’t ripe enough yet. Then, I reached for the ripened peaches sitting on the counter and tested it out. Sure enough, this recipe for black bean dip with peaches actually tastes better than the original.
Whole Food Ingredients Makes the Best Dips!
Although this recipe for black bean dip with fresh peaches tastes perfectly summery at room temperature. It also does taste good fresh from the fridge.There really is something intensely summery about peaches and they pair perfectly with black beans, both in appearance and taste.
Mixing the avocado with the peaches contributes a buttery lightness and the jalapeno adds just the right kick of heated excitement.
You can also make this for a family picnic packed in jelly jars for individual servings, or the ideal starter to a full-blown summer al fresco dinner party. This dip is perfect for any casual summer gathering – just be sure to double or triple the recipe as the recipe card below is good for 4-6 people.
Go the Extra Mile – Buy Organic Peaches, Here’s Why:
High summer is the season for buying the best peaches. Peaches are consistently on the Environmental Working Group’s “Dirty Dozen” for the twelve most contaminated fruits and vegetables. This means that EWG has scientifically determined that peaches, along with 11 other fruits and vegetables have the highest pesticide residues. So, it is absolutely worth going the extra organic mile when buying peaches.
Try Your Local Farmer’s Market
Unfortunately, perfectly ripened and un-bruised peaches are not easy to get your hands on. Tree-ripened peaches are soft and easily bruised and they don’t ship very well at all. The best place to get perfect peaches is your own backyard is farmer’s market. And then you want to eat them right away! This Farmer’s Market website is a great resource if you’re looking for one local to you.
However, if you can’t find perfect organic peaches then substitute a firm mango instead. It will still taste good and look amazing. But the peaches will taste even better, so look a little harder.
Serve this Recipe for Black Bean Dip with Homemade Tortilla Chips
This recipe for black bean dip is absolutely perfect with carrot sticks, celery sticks, red pepper slices and cucumber slices. However, we absolutely love to eat this black bean dip with homemade tortilla chips made from corn tortillas.
There’s something absolutely satisfying to know that you made your own food using whole food ingredients.
If you LOVE This Recipe for Black Bean Dip – Check Out Other Mexican Favorites!
If you love Mexican-inspired recipes as much as we do, then you know it’s not always easy to find clean, healthy recipes. However, I am committed over the next several months to build our Mexican Recipe category.
In the meantime, here are some of my favorites:
- Homemade Refried Beans Dip — Much healthier than the canned version and so tasty with our homemade tortilla chips.
- Homemade Guacamole – Pairs perfectly with veggies or our tortilla chips.
- Stuffed Mexican Peppers with Quinoa is a vegetarian dish loaded with flavors. Of course, you can always add some grilled chicken or steak.
- Mojo Shrimp Skillet with Cauliflower Rice is has lots of garlic, citrus and fresh cilantro.
Recipe for Black Bean Dip
Recipe for Black Bean Dip with Peaches is the perfect summer dip. Loaded with fresh ingredients: cilantro, peppers, lime and red onion.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dip
- Method: Mixing bowl
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 – 15.5oz can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds remove and diced*
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fresh peaches, diced
- 1 cup ripe avocado, diced
- In a classic mixing bowl, combine the black beans, red bell pepper, red onion, fresh cilantro and jalapeño. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the lime juice and then whisk together while slowly adding the extra virgin olive oil until well combined. Add the cumin and sea salt, whisk again.
- Drizzle the lime mixture over the black bean mixture and stir until well combined.
- To the black bean and lime mixture, fold into the peaches and avocados, careful to not squish them.
- Serve with homemade tortilla chips.
* If you want to add a little heat to this recipe for Black Bean Dip, just leave a few seeds from the jalapeno and chop them before adding to the dip bowl.
Keywords: Recipe for Black Bean Dip