Recipe for Mediterranean Chicken – If you love traditional chicken shawarma, then you will LOVE this Recipe for Mediterranean Chicken. Added to a big bowl of Tabbouleh with Quinoa and a dollop of homemade garlic sauce.
The tastiest Mediterranean bowl with Grilled Chicken awaits you.
Make the PERFECT Recipe for Mediterranean Chicken
There is a perfectly beautiful blend when you add a bit of smoked paprika, coriander, cardamom, cumin, garlic — and a few others. We highly recommend you take the extra time to measure out the seasonings in the recipe card. Some o them are very strong and we don’t want you to overkill the flavor.
A quick note about dried seasonings. If you can’t remember the last time you opened up a seasoning — toss it and replace it. Seasonings only last for about 1 year.
In our house, dried seasonings don’t stand a chance with all the baking and cooking we do.
Some of the best flavors in this recipe for Mediterranean Chicken rub:
Here’s my top favorites — but as you are familiar with using the seasonings, you may choose to adjust your favorites to make that one seasoning a bit stronger.
#1: Smoke Paprika is the Spanish cousin to the more commonly used sweet Hungarian paprika.
Sweet Paprika is made from pimiento peppers that have been dried and smoked over an oak fire. Then the peppers are ground into a fine powder.
#2: Cardamom is Delightful and Aromatic Seasoning from Indonesia
Cardamom is common in Indian and Mediterranean dishes. It has a has a delightful, aromatic and fruity flavor. But be careful not to add too much or it can be bit overwhelming. For this recipe for Mediterranean chicken, just use the 1 teaspoon in the recipe card for best results.
#3: Turmeric is an Anti-inflammatory Powerhouse!
Turmeric is one of the substances known to significantly boost the body’s detoxifying glutathione levels. Then, when paired with ginger you’re getting a double boost. For more turmeric support, try this Turmeric Ginger Daily Shot!
What’s for Dinner? Try this Grilled Chicken Mediterranean Bowl.
This Mediterranean Bowl is the perfect dinner where you can make ahead the Tabbouleh with Quinoa and the homemade garlic sauce. Then, just mix up the seasonings for this recipe for Mediterranean Chicken and turn on the grill when you’re ready to eat.
Here’s some other quick things we love to add to our Mediterranean Bowl with Grilled Chicken:
- 1 cup of the Tabbouleh with Quinoa
- Organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Kalamata olives, drained
- Homemade garlic sauce
- Fresh parsley, chopped
Recipe for Mediterranean Chicken
Recipe for Mediterranean Chicken paired with homemade gluten free Tabbouleh and Creamy Garlic Sauce make the perfect Mediterranean bowl.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 6–8 pastured chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Turn on the grill to medium heat.
- On a large plate, prepare the boneless, skinless chicken thighs by opening them all up. Se aside.
- In a small batter bowl, combine all of the seasonings.
- Within a spoon, sprinkle the seasoning on the chicken, to taste (I used about 1/2 of the seasoning on 6 pieces of chicken).
- With clean, dry hands, rub the chicken with the seasoning.
- Place the chicken thighs on the grill and cook according to your grill requirements until the chicken’s internal temperature is 165 degrees. For our gas grill, we cooked the chicken for approximately 8 minutes on the first side and 6-8 minutes on the second side.
- Once cooked, let the chicken thighs rest on a plate for about 5 minutes. Then, with a sharp Chef’s knife, slice the chicken into strips.
- Serve on a bed of Tabbouleh with Quinoa with a dollop of homemade garlic sauce.
Keywords: Recipe for Mediterranean Chicken