Easy Ramen Noodle Recipe – If you’re looking for better-than-restaurant quality and an easy Ramen Noodle recipe that you can make at home, look no further. This recipe is full of nutrients, delicious flavor and will feel like comfort in a bowl.
How to Make Easy Ramen Noodle Recipe for Homemade Deliciousness!
A few months ago, I took my husband to a local ramen noodle shop and I was instantly reminded about how much I loved Asian cuisine. So, I’ve been on a little kick. From homemade Teriyaki Sauce, Seaweed Salad loaded with nutrients to Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry. I’ve even been learning how to make sushi.
At the local noodle shop, the vegetable additions were so few and limited that I ended up with a lot more sodium-heavy broth than I did anything else. Yes, the broth was delicious, but where were all of the vegetables.
If you know me, then you know that I’ll take every opportunity to add vegetables to a bowl of food and that is exactly what I’ve done with this easy ramen noodle recipe.
Yes, the ingredients list is long and the instructions seem annoying, but just read through them and trust me. It’s worth it. I can guarantee, that you will easily add this recipe to your menu at least 1-2 times a month.
We just can’t get enough over here.
5 Little Secrets to Making Delicious Ramen!
While I have been teaching myself to make this easy ramen noodle recipe, I have picked up a few tricks along the way. So, follow along closely and make your first experience much better than mine.
#1: Make Soft-Boiled Eggs First!
About 1 hour before you’re ready to make dinner, using my steam-fool-proof recipe to make perfect Soft-Boiled Eggs. We steam our eggs for 10 minutes so the egg white is completely cooked. But the egg yolk is soft and a little gooey. Perfect with a bit of pink sea salt.
#2: Use a Large Stock Pot and a Large Skillet
It’s no secret that we love using clean, ceramic cookware and this recipe is no different. I only have a few pans in my kitchen, but they are the best. For this recipe, I used the 5.5 quart stock pot and the 12″ ceramic skillet from Xtrema Cookware.
If you’re going to replace anything in your kitchen and you cook for 4-6 people, these are the two ceramic cookware items you should consider.
#3: Chop Everything in Advance!
While waiting for your steamer to boil and the 10 minutes for your eggs to soft-boil, start chopping away. I get out a big platter (shown below) and I load it up with the peppers, carrots, mushrooms, cabbage, green onion and just toss it back in the fridge until I’m ready to cook.
#4: Recruit Some Help!
I have found it helpful to have a second set of hands in the kitchen and thankfully, my husband loves to help. He will typically handle the stockpot which makes the broth along with spiralizing the noodles and watching the brown rice noodles while I’m busily sauteing my vegetables.
My husband Lenny is gluten free and mostly healthy — check out his whole grain French Toast recipe.
#5: TONS of Pre-Cooked Vegetables Makes the BEST Easy Ramen Noodle Recipe
Load up your recipe with vegetables. If you don’t like the ones I use, then choose other ones. You can mix and match it up. I just love pre-cooking my vegetables in a large hot skillet for a few minutes to soften them and crystallize them a bit before they soak in the loaded broth. Just have fun with it.
Let’s Talk About the Easy Ramen Noodle Recipe Broth
I have NO idea where I even came up with the idea to put ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, sesame oil and chicken broth together. But, the minute that your 5.5 quart stock pot is loaded with all of these amazing flavors, you will become very impatient for dinner to be ready.
This broth makes our entire home smell like an Asian restaurant and we can’t get enough. It’s like a umami-flavor blast and you will not be able to get enough. By the way, I added 8 cups of broth to this recipe because you’re going to want to eat every last drop.
Perfect for Leftovers
If you’re only cooking for a few people, you will definitely have leftovers. We typically have a few cups of liquid and the next day my husband will bring the liquid to a boil and drop another serving of brown rice noodles to it for lunch.
This dish is so satisfying and savory, you’ll definitely be wanting more.
Favorite Delicious Dinner Ideas:
If you love this easy ramen noodle recipe, here are some of my other recent favorites that you’re sure to enjoy.
- Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry – Loaded with pastured chicken, vegetable and deliciously seasoned brown rice.
- Shrimp and Grits Recipe – Southern flavor full of comfort food amazingness. I was more impressed with this dish than any that I’ve ever made before!
- Crab Cakes with Old Bay – Be sure to make the side of Sriracha dressing for dipping. A little spicy, but a perfect compliment to these crab cakes.
- Mediterranean Chicken Bowl with Garlic Sauce – This has become a new family favorite. At least once every 1-2 weeks, we’ll add some chicken thighs to the grill and enjoy a big bowl of Mediterranean.
- Vegetarian Mexican Stuffed Peppers – If you love black beans and hearty Mexican flavors, these stuffed peppers are for you. Feel free to add some grilled chicken!
Easy Ramen Noodle Recipe
Easy Ramen Noodle Recipe that is so deliciously savory with an umami-boost from ginger, garlic, coconut aminos and sesame oil.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stock pot
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 4–6 hard boiled eggs, steamed for 10-minutes
FOR THE RAMEN NOODLE BROTH:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Spanish onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 8 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 oz brown rice noodles
- 2 medium zucchinis, washed and spiraled
FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Green onions, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RAMEN NOODLES:
- Using a large 5.5 quart stock pot, like my favorite ceramic one from Xtrema Cookware, place over medium heat. To the pot, add the oil and diced onions. Saute for about 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- To the stockpot, add the garlic and ginger and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the sesame oil, coconut aminos and vegetable or chicken broth. Let simmer for about 10 minutes while you prepare the vegetables.
- When you add the mushrooms (see instructions below) to the second saute pan, you will want to increase the temperature on the ramen noodle stock pot and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Then, add the brown rice noodles and cook according to the noodle instructions.
- When the noodles are cooked through, add the zucchini noodles to the stock pot and heat through. Will only take about 3-5 minutes to soften.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- To a large 12″ ceramic skillet, such as this one by Xtrema Cookware, add another tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add the carrots and a little bit of sea salt and saute for 5-7 minutes. Then remove the carrots from the skillet and set aside.
- Next, add the red peppers and a little bit of sea salt to the skillet. Saute for 3-5 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- Next, add the mushrooms and a little bit of sea salt to the skillet (NOTE: In your stock pot, be sure to increase the temperature to bring your liquid to a boil so both the ramen and vegetables are ready at the same time). Saute the mushrooms for about 5 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- Lastly, add the finely sliced cabbage and a little bit of sea salt to the skillet and saute until wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Then remove and set aside. Remove the skillet from heat.
MAKE YOUR EASY RAMEN NOODLE RECIPE BOWL:
- To a large single serving bowl, using tongs place some of the zucchini and brown rice noodles in the bottom of your bowl.
- Add a small serving of each of the vegetables on top of the noodles.
- Then, ladle the ramen liquid into the bowl. Top with jalapeño slices and green onions.
- Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half and place on top of the bowl.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Keywords: Easy Ramen Noodle Recipe