Salsa with Fresh Tomatoes – My favorite kinda of homemade pico de gallo is this salsa with fresh tomatoes recipe. Loaded with flavor from the fresh pressed garlic, cilantro and lime juice. It’s perfect for any Mexican dish or paired with our homemade tortilla chips.
More Flavorful Recipe for Salsa with Fresh Tomatoes
This salsa with fresh tomatoes taste best with vine ripened tomatoes that have been left on the counter. We love fresh tomatoes but especially when the vine is still attached.
Not only is eating whole food ingredients the best for your health, the lycopene in the tomatoes are health-boosting. The pink color of this fruit along with grapefruit and watermelon is because of this antioxidant-bursting property. Lycopene has been linked to health benefits from heart health to protection against sunburns. It also helps protect against certain types of cancers.
So, make yourself some salsa with fresh tomatoes (never canned!) and get all the benefits out of vine-ripened-on-the-counter tomatoes.
Use Whole Food Ingredients in this Recipe for Salsa with Fresh Tomatoes
Around here, we don’t settle for fake. There’s no processed wheat, barley or rye (major inflammatory foods) and we avoid almost all dairy products (except for a tiny little bit of organic extra sharp cheddar) and we don’t use fake sugars ever.
The best way to load up on healthy whole foods – is to use them in your recipes. You can do this by avoiding the center aisles of the grocery store and sticking to the perimeter.
How to Shop for Whole Foods – AKA: Shop the Perimeter!
Years ago, there was this really awesome concept called “shop the perimeter” that has stuck with me. Start with loading your cart full of fresh fruits and vegetables. Next, head to the organic and pastured meats and eggs, pick up a few bags of organic beans to soak and cook. Then, the frozen fruits and vegetables before hitting the checkout. Okay, maybe grab a bottle of wine first!
This recipe for salsa with fresh tomatoes has whole food ingredients only. Plus, you can add as much or as little as you want.
Fresh counter-ripened vine tomatoes, red onion, garlic, jalapeno, fresh cilantro, lime juice and sea salt. Yum!
Serve this Salsa with Fresh Tomatoes with our Homemade Tortilla Chips
This recipe for Salsa with Fresh Tomatoes is absolutely perfect with carrot sticks, celery sticks, red pepper slices and cucumber slices. However, we absolutely love to eat this pico de gallo with homemade tortilla chips made from corn tortillas.
There’s something absolutely satisfying to know that you made your own food using whole food ingredients. Just white corn tortilla shells, a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. Yes, that’s it. Definitely worth a try.
Check out our recipe for homemade tortilla chips in less than 30 minutes. Perfect paired with dinner or for a snack.
The BEST Recipe for Homemade Nachos
I insist, if you’re going to make this salsa with fresh tomatoes, you must try our homemade nachos. Loaded with Mexican-inspired favorites, we use our own homemade refried beans recipe, homemade tortilla chips and this dairy free cilantro lime crema.
Add this to your menu this week. Trust me on this one.
More Mexican-Inspired Clean Eating Recipes
If you love Mexican-inspired recipes as much as we do, then you know it’s not always easy to find clean, healthy recipes. However, I am committed over the next several months to build our Mexican Recipe category.
In the meantime, here are some of my favorites:
- Homemade Refried Beans Dip — much healthier than the canned version and so tasty with our homemade tortilla chips.
- Stuffed Mexican Peppers with Quinoa is a vegetarian dish loaded with flavors. Of course, you can always add some grilled chicken or steak.
- Mojo Shrimp Skillet with Cauliflower Rice is has lots of garlic, citrus and fresh cilantro.
- Homemade Guacamole or Queso with our delicious tortilla chips.
Salsa with Fresh Tomatoes
Homemade Salsa with Fresh Tomatoes is loaded with flavor from the fresh pressed garlic, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice. Pice de gallo!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3–4 1x
- Category: Dip
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 3–5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced*
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a classic batter bowl, add the tomatoes, red onion, minced garlic cloves, and diced jalapenos.
- Drizzle with lime juice and gently fold the vegetables until fully covered.
- Add the cilantro and sprinkle with sea salt. Fold gently again until well combined. Serve immediately at room temperature or refrigerate.
* If you like heat like we do, leave a couple of seeds on your cutting board and chop them up and add them to your salsa with fresh tomatoes.
Keywords: Salsa with Fresh Tomatoes