Is Butcher Box a Good Deal? – With so many different food delivery services out there, many people are left to wonder whether they’re getting a good deal, or if they would be better off purchasing their items from the store.
In this article, I break down everything you need to know about Butcher Box, and answer the ultimate question…is Butcher Box a good deal?
Navigate this Article Easily
Before we jump into all of the information about Butcher Box, here’s a quick rundown of all of the topics we’ll cover. Click the links below to quickly navigate around the article!
- What is Butcher Box?
- How does Butcher Box Work?
- Butcher Box Plans
- Butcher Box Prices
- What Comes in Butcher Box?
- Butcher Box Promo Code
- Is Butcher Box a Good Deal?
- Butcher Box Recipes
- Closing Thoughts
What is Butcher Box?
Butcher Box is a meat delivery service offering grass fed and organic meats. They also offer a variety of wild caught fish. They aim to offer high quality meat, without the hassle of sourcing locally, or having to go to specialty health food stores, which can often times prove to be challenging depending on where you live. In summary, Butcher Box is high quality meat straight to your doorstep!
How does Butcher Box Work?
Butcher Box is quite simple. You’ll begin by setting up an account. This is the account you will sign into in order to monitor upcoming shipments. Here, you can also make changes to your next box!
After your account has been created, it’s time to customize your box! From the size of the box, to the contents inside, and even how often you receive your Butcher Box shipment, you are truly in full control of the process!
After scheduling your first shipment, all you have to do is wait for your box to arrive at your doorstep. This usually takes only a few days. Easy peasy!
Butcher Box Plans
Like mentioned above, Butcher Box is a fully customizable service. As for the types of Butcher Box plans, you have the option of choosing between two box sizes: The Classic Box and The Big Box. With The Classic Box, you’ll choose 6 cuts of meat that will total between 9-14 pounds. The Big Box allows you to choose 12 cuts of meat, totaling anywhere between a whopping 18-26 pounds! Talk about stocking up!
What is a Cut of Meat?
A cut of meat may not sound like much, but it actually includes a large amount of food! While this greatly differs between meats, here are few examples of what Butcher Box means by this:
- Butcher Box Chicken: One cut of meat could mean a whole 3.5 pounds chicken, 3 pounds of chicken breast, 3 pounds of chicken thighs, or 1.5 pounds of ground chicken.
- Beef: For beef you have a choice of 2 pounds of stew beef, 2 pounds of ground beef, 1.25 pounds of tri tip, nearly 2 pounds of burgers (31.8 ounces), 2 pounds of ground sirloin, 1.5 pounds of flat iron steaks, 1.75 pounds of flank steaks, 2.75 pounds of brisket, 2.25 pounds of bottom of the round roast, 2.25 pounds of shoulder roast, 1.5 pounds of sirloin cap, 2 pounds of eye of round roast, 1 pound of ranch steaks, 1 pound of premium steak tips, or over a pound of NY strip steak.
- Pork: Pork may include 2 pounds of ground pork, 2.8 pounds of St. Louis ribs, 2.5 pounds of baby back ribs, 1 pound of breakfast sausage, 3+ pounds of center cut pork loin roast, 2 pounds of boneless pork chops, a little less than a pound of pork tenderloin, 2 pounds of pork sirloin roast, 5.5 pounds of bone-in pork butt, or a little more than half a pound of bacon.
- Seafood: Seafood varies as follows: 2 pounds of salmon, 1 pound of salmon burgers, 2 pounds of cod.
- Additions: Miscellaneous additions may include 2 pounds of ground turkey, 1 pound of ground bison, or 1 pound of uncured hot dogs.
Butcher Box Prices
With Butcher Box, you pay by the number of “cuts” in the box (6 cuts for The Classic Box, 12 cuts for The Big Box), not the contents of the box. Because of this, a box filled with “6 cuts” of New York Strip Steak would be the same price as a box filled with organic chicken. While the weight and amount of meat may vary, the the type of meat you choose does not effect the flat price of the box.
So what exactly to these prices end up totaling?
The Classic Box
As mentioned above, the Classic Box includes 6 cuts, totaling 9-14 pounds of meat, and will cost you a flat fee of $159.00 before tax. Breaking this down mathematically, the most you’ll pay per pound in this box is just over $17.50 USD, while the least you will pay is around $11.50 for regularly priced boxes without any discounts, codes, or specials. Depending on what you’re getting in your box, these prices are quite competitive for grass fed and organic products.
The Big Box
The Big Box holds 12 cuts of meat totaling between 18 and 26 pounds. The cost of this box is $288.00 USD before tax. With this box, you’ll pay a maximum price of $16.00 per pound, and as little as just over $11.00 per pound for regularly priced boxes without any discounts, codes, or specials. Similar to The Classic Box with slight savings, these prices can be competitive based upon what products you choose.
What Comes in Butcher Box?
What comes in Butcher Box is completely up to you. Butcher Box offers nearly any cut of meat you could desire! From variations of beef, to chicken, to seafood, to pork, and even turkey and bison! For more detail, refer to the “What is a Cut of Meat?” section above!
Butcher Box Promo Code
Butcher Box is a brand we know, love, and personally use ourselves. They’re a great source of higher quality meat when difficult to source elsewhere, and offer many deals and free add-ons that make the cost worth it!
Butcher Box is constantly offering some type of deal, free addition, or discount on their boxes.
Butcher Box Promo Code: Sign up now and FREE Cold Cracked Lobster Meat and NY Strip Steaks! WOW! ? Simply click our link for this deal.
Is Butcher Box a Good Deal?
When you measure Butcher Box’s prices against other organic and grass fed meats, taking into account that Butcher Box is constantly offering free add-ons and deals, for us, Butcher Box is a good deal!
Butcher Box makes it easy to source high quality meats, when this is not always possible depending on your location and access to specialty grocers.
Butcher Box Recipes
Because Butcher Box offers so many different types of meats, we use Butcher Box meats for many of our recipes! Here are just a few of our favorite recipes that we love using Butcher Box for:
- Best Oven Fried Chicken Recipe: Oven Fried Chicken recipe that is a chickfila chicken copycat recipe and completely gluten free. Enjoy one of our favorite family dishes.
- Hamburger Recipe on Grill: This is the BEST Hamburger Recipe on Grill – delicious grass-fed burger is juicy, flavorful and a classic dinner for your menu. Yum!
- Recipe for Street Tacos Chicken: Looking for a way to spruce up your taco night? You‘re definitely going to want to try this Recipe for Street Tacos Chicken!
- Baked Salmon Teriyaki: Baked Salmon Teriyaki is naturally sweetened – no refined sugar. It is incredibly moist and super healthy! It’s the perfect weeknight dinner!
- Burger Bowl: Here at Clean Cuisine, we love eating a plant-forward diet, and what better way to incorporate more plants than with a Burger Bowl?!
- Paleo Steak Marinade: This Paleo Steak Marinade is quick and easy, and requires only 8 ingredients!
- Baked Fish Sticks: These Baked Fish Sticks using cod are grain and dairy-free, and full of delicious flavor!
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon: Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is the only way I like to eat my sprouts. Of course, this recipe has me pining for some new ones to share!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to source higher quality meats, Butcher Box is your answer! It’s most definitely made our lives a whole lot easier, and taken a lot of the stress out of grocery shopping.
Our suggestion is to wait to order Butcher Box for a time they’re offering a deal that best suits your preferences and needs, and then sign up. Keep checking back on this article for updates on the latest deals, and we’ll keep you in the loop!