This Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice tastes BETTER than traditional Chinese-style Fried Rice. The biggest difference is that this stir fry rice is very healthy and is rice-free and grain-free too.
Trust me, it’s not that I have anything at all against rice or whole grains, it’s just that I am always looking for creative ways to eat more vegetables.
Eat More Vegetables with this Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice
Sure, you can add brown rice or even black rice with your latest stir fry creation. But, this is a wonderful way to boost your vegetable intake. PLUS, my family swears it’s better when made with cauliflower than rice.
By the way, the number one biggest diet mistake people make is not eating anywhere near the amount of fruits and vegetables they should. Of course steamed vegetables and plain sliced fruit can get boring in a hurry though. In my opinion, one of the keys to eating more vegetables is to find unique methods of preparation.
Cauliflower Rice is a Great Substitute
Cauliflower rice is a great substitute for many dishes that you’re looking to add more vegetables too. But it doesn’t work as a substitute for rice in every recipe. My suggestion is to give it a try. If you think it’s worth making the dish a few times, I would rather try substituting cauliflower rice than left wondering.
However, this tasty Chinese-inspired Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice definitely works as a substitute when you are stir-frying.
The Secret to Making the Best Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice
The biggest secret to making the best cauliflower fried rice is simply to cook over medium-high heat and stir the cauliflower constantly. You want to use the right seasonings, but you also need to really keep the rice moving and shaking. All the movement is what disperses the heat properly to ensure even cooking.
Pair this Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice with a Delicious Stir Fry
Yes, stir fry and more stir fry. We love to make this Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice when sauteing our favorite vegetables and animal proteins. Here’s a few of our favorite recipes to eat with this cauliflower rice.
Make Your Cauliflower Rice in Advance
I will tell you, it’s not easy stir-frying two different items at one time. If you enjoy Hibachi, then you know they always cook the fried rice first followed by more vegetables and the protein of choice.
When I’m making both the Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice for dinner along with one of our favorite Asisan recipes, I always prep everything at first, then make the rice. Just add a lid when you’re done and heat up a little towards the end of your dinner prep.
Make Your Dinner Even More Satisfying:
If you have a super hungry family to feed, you could always consider mixing in a bit of cooked short grain brown rice at the very end. I did this for our kids that are very active in sports and they ended up having 2 servings.Print
Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice
Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice recipe is loaded with flavor and super satisfying. With Asian-inspired stir fry seasonings, it’s sure to be a hit.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 head riced cauliflower, see notes below or purchase here
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 organic pasture-raised eggs whisked
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and diced carrots, thawed
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sesame seed oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in the eggs and cook until scrambled. Transfer the scrambled eggs to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive (or avocado) oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the celery, shallots, garlic and ginger; stir fry for 5 to 6 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add in the Sriracha sauce and soy sauce. Cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add the riced cauliflower and sesame oil to the skillet. Cook, stir-frying constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cauliflower rice is soft. Season with more Sriracha or soy sauce, as needed.
- Stir in the eggs, carrots, peas and scallions and cook until heated through. Serve warm.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice:
- FOOD PROCESSOR: Chop the head of cauliflower into smaller pieces. Using the PULSE function, pulse several times until the cauliflower is the size you desire.
- BLENDER: Again, chop the head of cauliflower into smaller pieces and add to the blender container. Fill the blender container with cold water and place on blender. Using the PULSE option, push down a few times. When the desired size, pour all contents into a strainer and push down until all the water is removed.
- HAND GRATER: Using a hand grater, grate the chopped cauliflower pieces until all is completed.
More Amazing Cauliflower Recipes
Vegetables seem to go in and out of style, but these days cauliflower is definitely having a moment. I first started seeing whole roasted cauliflower popping up at trendy restaurants like the Meat Market. Yes, even with a name like that you can still find vegetables! Now it seems cauliflower rice has taken over.
LOOKING FOR MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES?
Did you like the Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice recipe? Be sure to check out Clean Cuisine Dinners! The digital cookbook offers a full month of clean eating dinner recipes including weekly menu planner, shopping lists and more!