It looks and tastes very much like conventional Chinese-style Fried Rice, but this Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe is totally rice and grain free! Trust me, it’s not that I have anything at all against rice or whole grains, it’s just that I am always looking for creative ways to eat more vegetables.
By the way, the number one biggest diet mistake people make is not eating anywhere near the amount of fruits and vegetables they should. Of course steamed vegetables and plain sliced fruit can get boring in a hurry though. In my opinion, one of the keys to eating more vegetables is to find unique methods of preparation.
Those of you who follow Clean Cuisine know I have been super into cauliflower rice recipes lately (such as Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto, Riced Cauliflower Tabbouleh and Cauliflower Pizza Crust.) Vegetables seem to go in and out of style, but these days cauliflower is definitely having a moment. I first started seeing whole roasted cauliflower popping up at trendy restaurants like the Meat Market (yes, even with a name like that you can still find vegetables!) Now it seems cauliflower rice has taken over.
Cauliflower rice doesn’t work as a substitute for rice in every recipe though. However, it definitely works as a substitute when you are stir-frying it.
The Secret to Making the Best Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice
The biggest secret to making the best cauliflower fried rice is simply to stir fry the cauliflower constantly. You want to use the right seasonings, but you also need to really keep the rice moving and shaking. All the moving and shaking is what disperses the heat properly to ensure even cooking.
Make it More Satisfying…
If you have a super hungry bunch to feed, you could always consider mixing in a bit of cooked short grain brown rice at the very end. I did this for our son and he ate two full plates!
Pin this graphic for later!Print
If you love Chinese-Style Fried Rice, you are going to fall in love with this Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice Recipe. It’s loaded with flavor and super satisfying.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil OR cold pressed avocado oil (divided)
- 2 organic pasture-raised eggs whisked
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (plus more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 head riced cauliflower (see notes below)
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sesame seed oil
- 1 cup frozen petite peas (thawed)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive (or avocado) oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in the eggs and cook until scrambled. Transfer the scrambled eggs to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive (or avocado) oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the celery, carrots, shallots, garlic and ginger; stir fry for 5 to 6 minutes, until vegetables are soft. Add in the Sriracha sauce and soy sauce. Cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add the riced cauliflower and sesame oil to the skillet. Cook, stir-frying constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cauliflower rice is soft. Season with more Sriracha or soy sauce, as needed.
- Stir in the eggs, peas and scallions and cook until heated through. Serve warm.
See how to make Cauliflower Rice HERE.
LOOKING FOR MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES?
Did you like the Cauliflower Stir Fry Rice recipe? Be sure to check out Clean Cuisine Dinners! The digital cookbook offers a full month of clean eating dinner recipes including weekly menu planner, shopping lists and more!