Recipe for Turmeric Tea – If you’re trying to reduce inflammation AND enjoy a warm and cozy drink this winter season, we have the perfect recipe for you! This Recipe for Turmeric Tea is full of anti-inflammatory properties, and is oh-so-tasty and delicious.
Requiring only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time, this simply recipe is quick and easy to add into your day. Ready to learn more? Keep reading!
Recipe for Turmeric Tea
Trust me, I am someone who very much understands how difficult it is to live with pain. I totally understand that sometimes it is absolutely necessary to take “real” pain medication.
For example, there is NO way I could have not taken something for pain during a major surgery. I underwent a 7-hour surgery for a femoral derotational osteotomy almost 2 years ago. By the way, this Recipe for Turmeric Tea would not have cut it back then!
But ALL pain medications, even the seemingly harmless over-the-counter ones, have negative consequences. Because of this, we opt for natural pain remedies, like this Recipe for Turmeric Tea whenever possible!
With this is mind, next time you have a pain (or if you suffer from chronic pain), you might want to try my Recipe for Turmeric Tea. It’s an excellent alternative to taking an anti-inflammatory or over-the-counter pain medication.
As a general rule, the more simplistic an ingredient list is, the better my body responds to it. Because of this, we try to make our recipes at Clean Cuisine as simple and clean as possible. This recipe is no exception! With only 5 easy ingredients, this tea is just about as simple as they come…
Ingredients in Turmeric Tea Recipe
When I was recovering from my surgery ordeal, I did take pain meds because the pain was so severe. I literally would have lost my mind without them. However, once I weaned off the meds I got in the habit of making the Turmeric Tea Recipe below every day. My “tea” took 5 minutes to make and consisted of the following ingredients:
- Water: The base of this recipe is super simple…just water! Water makes this tea light and easy on the stomach. Caffeine free, this tea is also hydrating!
- Coconut Milk: For a little bit of creamy texture, we added 1/4 cup of coconut milk. Still light and easy on digestion, coconut milk adds a touch of coconut flavor and a tiny bit more thickness than water alone does. Make sure you look for a brand without emulsifiers and refined sugar, or make your coconut milk from home!
- Fresh Lemon Juice: This lemon juice in this recipe helps to add a bit of a refreshing but subtle citrus flavor. Lemons have also been used by many to aid in the detoxification process, so they’re a great compliment to turmeric!
- Turmeric Root Powder: Turmeric has numerous health benefits to offer! Turmeric is an incredible anti-inflammatory and detoxification agent for our bodies. Curcumin, which is the main active ingredient in turmeric is what brings out such amazing anti-inflammatory effects and acts like a strong antioxidant. That’s why we love it so much!
- Manuka Honey: Unlike refined sugar or refined honey, Manuka honey, actually supports a healthy immune system. It’s a “super” honey with healing benefits for many conditions including acne, eczema, acid reflux, allergies, sinusitis, sore throats and more.
Why Choose Turmeric over Pain Meds
Like mentioned above, we are incredibly thankful for western medicine, and fully believe that there is a time and place where it is needed. However, medication is highly overused, and should not always be the first line of defense in every single circumstance.
Because medication always has side effects and an impact on our health, we prefer natural alternatives when possible. Because of the long term effects of overusing pain medication, we use turmeric as a natural alternative in many situations!
Here are just a couple of reasons we prefer turmeric over pain reliever…
Natural Turmeric Tea Recipe for Nutrient Depletion
It is truly amazing that this Turmeric Tea recipe can prevent nutrient depletion from over-the-counter pain medications.
Taking Advil or Aleve plus prescription anti-inflammatory medications can all interfere with B-vitamin metabolism. This combination causes depletion to your B-vitamins. Did you know that birth control pills also deplete B-vitamins?
And all pain killers with Tylenol deplete one of your body’s most important detoxifiers, glutathione. Pretty much any medication has some sort of side effect.
Turmeric is a “Whole Food”
Although turmeric is a “whole food” (or spice, I suppose I should say) and not a medication. It absolutely has potent “medicine-like” benefits such as reducing inflammation and protecting against the oxidation that accelerates the aging/disease process. It also supports the health of your heart and liver and so much more.
With turmeric you get “side benefits” rather than side effects—and there’s a BIG difference!
New Chapter Turmeric Force is a Great Alternative to My Turmeric Tea Recipe
If you are not able to make the turmeric tea recipe you can consider supplementing with “whole” turmeric capsules. I would avoid isolated turmeric compounds in the form of curcumin.
Isolated compounds are more like taking a medication. They do not contain the full spectrum of phytonutrients, antioxidants and other beneficial compounds found in the “whole” food. You can think of isolated compounds such as curcumin as being like refined food. Then, turmeric as being an unrefined “whole food”.
New Chapter is one of my favorite brands for turmeric capsules. It includes the complete spectrum of beneficial phytonutrients in their “whole” and natural profile.
You can purchase New Chapter Turmeric Force here.
More Recipes with Turmeric
Because we notice such a giant difference in our health and how we feel with turmeric, we try to integrate it into many of our recipes! Here are some of our favorite recipes including turmeric…
Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Depressant Turmeric Smoothie: Turmeric Smoothie not only tastes delicious (really!), but also has the potential to significantly improve your mood and overall well being.
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe with Turmeric and Vegetables: This Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe with Turmeric and Vegetables is a set-it-and-forget-it tasty that yields incredibly moist chicken.
Turmeric Salad Dressing: Mild tasting turmeric recipe for salad dressing that is full of flavor and healthy. Great for salads, marinade for chicken, dipping sauce for vegetables and so much more.
Golden Milk Recipe: This Golden Milk Recipe is an amazing way to reduce inflammation, and give you a big burst of energy!
Ready to learn more? Keep reading!Print
Turmeric Tea Recipe
Turmeric Tea Recipe Can Prevent Nutrient Depletion from Over-the-Counter Pain Medications (such as Advil and Aleve) and ease pain naturally.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat on the stove for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour into mug, and enjoy warm!
Keywords: Turmeric Tea Recipe