Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters Recipe – This Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters Recipe is a spin on my all-time favorite fall dessert… pumpkin cheesecake!
A creamy pumpkin spice cheesecake layer, topped with a rich chocolate mousse pair together to make the most delicious combination! The best part is, you only need a few minutes to make it! Ready for the recipe? Keep reading!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters Recipe
It’s officially fall time, which means pumpkin spice is everywhere! As a pumpkin spice lover myself, I simply couldn’t miss out on the fun. So, I decided to give all of my favorite pumpkin spice recipes (including pumpkin cheesecake) a healthy makeover!
Instead of making a full on pumpkin cheesecake recipe (which is still on my list), I decided to create a mini version that is quick and easy to make, perfect for parties and last minute desserts!
While tiny, these Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters topped with chocolate mousse are rich and satisfying, making a shot glass the perfect serving size! And of course if one simply isn’t enough, I don’t blame you..they’re quite addictive! You always have the option of enjoying additional shot glasses with zero guilt. This Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters Recipe is gluten, dairy, and refined-sugar free. They’re also made with real ingredients, and even include a superfood! You really can enjoy these tiny desserts knowing you’re doing your body good.
Chocolate as a Superfood?
I just referenced that this Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters Recipe includes a superfood. The superfood I was referencing is actually chocolate! And before you head to the store to pickup a Snicker’s Bar, the quality and nutritional value of chocolate greatly varies.
For enjoying chocolate as a true superfood, you should opt for 100% cacao, free of added dairy, or refined-sugar. In this recipe, we used cacao powder to create our chocolate mousse, but cacao nibs, or paleo chocolate bars or chips are great options for other recipes!
Cacao vs. Cocoa
So what exactly sets cacao apart from cocoa? While similar spellings, the two forms of chocolate are quite different. Cacao is the minimally processed, nutrient-dense product of cacao beans, while cocoa is highly processed, and includes far less nutrients.
Cocoa isn’t necessarily bad, but it’s most definitely not a superfood, and isn’t doing nearly as many favors for your body as it’s unprocessed counterpart.
In this recipe, I used organic raw cacao powder, for the absolute cleanest, and most nutrient-dense chocolate out there!
Benefits of Cacao
Cacao offers so many health benefits, there are simply too many to pack into this article! Here are just a few reasons cacao is considered such a beneficial superfood. Cacao is…
If there’s one thing we should all be focusing on, it’s keep excess inflammation to a minimum. Cacao contains flavonoids, and are very helpful with reducing overall inflammation.
Full of Antioxidants
Antioxidants help to support the immune system by fighting off diseases and boosting the immune system.
A Great Source of Potassium
Cacao is very high in potassium levels, which have been studied to support the heart and reduce the risk of disease.
Two Ways to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters
Like mentioned above, this Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters Recipe was designed to be a quick and easy recipe that can be made in a rush. And while the original version of this recipe is still quite simple and speedy, there’s an even quicker option for those who really want to cut down on their time in the kitchen.
Option #1: Use Homemade Vegan Cream Cheese
We love making homemade vegan cream cheese from cashews! With just 5 ingredients, and only a few minutes of hands-on time, you can have a sweet and dessert-ready cream cheese for any cream cheese based recipe! However, this method does require presoaking the cashews (although there is a quick-soak version to this as well), and then using a high-speed blender to combine the ingredients into a creamy texture.
As we love keeping our recipes as clean as possible, this is our preferred version. However, it’s not the only good option…
Option #2: Use Prepackaged Vegan Cream Cheese
Prepackaged vegan cream cheese is not the worst thing in the world. There are many brands stepping up these days with fairly healthy options for grab-and-go, convenient dairy-free alternatives. Our favorite brand for spot-on cream cheese flavor is Violife! While not 100% perfect (we try to avoid foods with “flavor” or emulsifiers), the rest of the ingredient list is pretty clean! Bonus is that this brand, unlike many vegan products is nut-free, making it a great option for those with intolerances!
If you’re in a real rush, use a prepackaged vegan cream cheese option instead! Just as tasty, but with a few less steps for those busy days.
Ready for the recipe? Let’s get into it!
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Shooters Recipe
A pumpkin cheesecake layer, topped with chocolate mousse pair together to make a delicious combo in this Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters Recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
VEGAN CREAM CHEESE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 3 hours prior to beginning recipe
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature, soft enough to easily scoop
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup, can swap for honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE LAYER INGREDIENTS:
- 1 3/4 cup vegan cream cheese (recipe above, or store bought) *see notes
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE LAYER INGREDIENTS:
- 13.5 ounces coconut cream, refrigerated overnight, or placed in the freezer for 2–3 hours prior to use
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice, can sub for sunbutter
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- *Optional: cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips to top
VEGAN CREAM CHEESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Begin by soaking cashews in water around 3 hours prior to use.
- Upon soaking, rinse cashews, and combine with remaining ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE LAYER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Measure 1 + 3/4 cup vegan cream cheese, and combine with remaining ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop pumpkin cheesecake mixture into a piping bag or icing dispenser, and fill shot glasses 1/2 full.
- Place shot glasses in fridge to chill.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE LAYER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Scoop out cream layer on top of chilled coconut cream can, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix (preferably with an electric mixer) until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop chocolate mousse mixture into a piping bag or icing dispenser, and layer on top of pumpkin cheesecake in shot glasses.
- Add optional toppings if desired.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Last Step! If you loved our recipe, leave us a review below. This helps future recipe makers and ensures continued high-quality recipes for years to come!
*For store bought cream cheese, we prefer Violife. For our homemade cream cheese recipe, any leftovers can be stored in the fridge, and used as a delicious fruit dip!
Keywords: Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Shooters Recipe