My delicious recipe for Strawberry Smoothie is so good that it will remind you of strawberry shortcake. Who doesn’t love a smoothie that tastes like dessert?
This dreamy Strawberry Shortbread Smoothie recipe is guaranteed to blow you away. Cold, creamy, sweet and a teeny bit tart, it’s almost like Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream! It could very well end up being your favorite clean smoothie recipe of all time….
Strawberry Smoothie Inspiration!
I always get new recipe ideas when we travel and this one was inspired by a recent family trip to NYC. When I asked my two nieces where they wanted to eat, Black Tap was at the top of their dining wish list.
Black Tap is one of the city hot spots serving up giant milkshakes that are a big deal these days.
This Strawberry Shortbread smoothie recipe is my clean eating #NoRegrets alternative.
How to Make the Perfect Recipe for Strawberry Smoothie
This is not just any ordinary smoothie! It’s full of delicious flavors that remind me of our homemade strawberry shortcake recipe. The best part about this recipe is that you can make it for breakfast OR for dessert. It’s so delicious.
My recipe has no dairy, gluten or refined sugar. Which is exactly what we believe in for our clean eating guidelines.
This recipe is also loaded with antioxidants, omega-3’s and fiber.
Recipe for Strawberry Smoothie
Recipe for Strawberry Smoothie is delicious and healthy! No refined sugar, lots of antioxidants and fiber. Perfect for breakfast OR dessert!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 cups frozen organic strawberries, semi-thawed
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 3 pitted medjool dates
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup ice
- In a high speed blender, add the strawberries, maple syrup, lemon juice and 1/4 cup water. Process on high for about 1 minute, or until ingredients are well blended (Note: you may need to add 1 or 2 additional tablespoons of water if the strawberries are not thawed enough).
- Transfer the strawberry puree into a separate container and rinse the blender container.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup water, vanilla, oats, walnuts, dates and pinch of salt to the cleaned blender container and process on high speed until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the ice and process again for about 20 seconds.
- Using a spoon, divide half of the strawberry puree into the bottoms of two glass cups. Pour equal amounts of the oat/ walnut milk on top of the strawberry puree. Spoon the remaining strawberry puree on top of each glass. Drink at once!
Last Step! If you loved our recipe, leave us a review below. This helps future recipe makers and ensures continued high-quality recipes for years to come!
Want more delicious smoothies?
From this Golden Liquid Turmeric Smoothie to our Pre-Workout Smoothie Bowl, we have plenty of delicious healthy recipes for you to try out.
4-Ingredient Recipe for CLEAN Blackberry Popsicles
Tuesday 30th of March 2021
[…] in the middle of trying to create a blackberry version of his favorite new smoothie (the layered Strawberry Shortbread Smoothie) for my upcoming Clean Cuisine cookbook. But before I got to the layered creamy part of the […]