If you have lots of ripe strawberries, then this strawberry sauce recipe is just begging to be made. Naturally sweetened by dates, my strawberry sauce is easy to make and so delicious.
How to Make the Best Strawberry Sauce Recipe
Strawberry Sauce is summer food at its finest and most simplistic. This fresh strawberry sauce recipe only requires just four ingredients (well, five if you count water) and very little hands-on prep time. Plus, it has zero added sugar.
Choose Organic Strawberries
The best produce comes from the best growers. Unless you can find a locally grown organic strawberry field that you can pick yourself, look for organic. Strawberries are on #1 on the Dirty Dozen list by EWG. Which means lots of pesticides and chemicals are typically used to grow these little berries.
How to Best Enjoy our Strawberry Sauce Recipe
You could say my strawberry sauce recipe has become more or less a summertime staple in our house. And you would be surprised at how many uses we find for it.
- Try adding strawberry sauce to whole grain waffles or delicious homemade pancakes.
- Make sweet crepes by using our easy crepe recipe and making some homemade coconut cream.
- Drizzle some on a dairy free chocolate ice cream banana split.
- Make your savory baked salmon with spoonful of strawberry sauce on the side.
- It also makes an excellent oatmeal stir-in.
Last but especially not least, make a double batch and then make these absolutely delicious Strawberry Shortcakes. My recipe is a clean remake of the traditional one with zero guilt.
Whatever you decide, it’s going to be delicious. If you have any new ideas, please add them to the comment below.
How to Store Strawberry Sauce
Oh! And once it’s made, strawberry sauce stores nicely in a mason jar in the fridge for about 4 days. But to be honest, it never lasts that long over here. I may need to start making a double batch.
Strawberry Sauce Recipe
Fresh Strawberry Sauce recipe is super easy to make and has no refined sugar. It is delicious on whole grain pancakes, waffles or crepes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound fresh organic strawberries, washed, hulled & sliced)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- Combine water, dates and lemon juice in a high speed blender.
- Add the water, date and lemon juice mixture along with the strawberries to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the arrowroot and set aside to cool and thicken for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm or cold.
P.S. Why not make extra an extra batch of the strawberry sauce recipe for Strawberry Shortcakes?