A fast and easy dinner idea is always a workday winner! And when it comes to fast and easy, one-dish “sheet pan suppers” are just about your very best bet.
From prep to finish, you can whip the Sheet Pan Scallops and Vegetables in the recipe below together in less than 40 minutes. Best of all, clean up is even breezier than the prep work!
Just a few quick notes before you get cooking…
How to Select a Non-Toxic Baking Pan
Ok, here’s the deal: the absolute greenest baking pan would be a stoneware cookie sheet and we trust Pampered Chef has and their incredible line of unglazed stone cookware that we absolutely love.
Our Favorite Ingredients
The sriracha sauce is definitely the secret flavoring that pulls the whole thing together. Click HERE to learn more about my favorite brand of organic Sriracha sauce.
The organic unrefined red palm oil is my oil of choice for this particular recipe because it is more heat stable at high-heat temperatures than extra virgin olive oil and it has a more neutral flavor profile than extra virgin coconut oil. It also has an exceptionally high antioxidant and nutritional content. However, please note organic unrefined red palm oil is NOT the same as conventional palm oil used in processed foods (which I do not recommend, by the way.) If you are not up on organic unrefined red palm oil be sure to read more HERE.
And finally, you will want to serve your scallops and vegetables with steamed short grain brown or black rice. I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, the easiest way on earth to prepare rice (or any whole grain, for that matter!) is in a rice cooker. To ensure your meal is on the table in less than an hour, you’ll want to get your rice started before anything else.
Ok! Let’s get cooking…
Easy Dinner Idea: Sheet Pan Scallops
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time:20 minutes
- Total Time:40 minutes
- 12 ounces baby bok choy
- 3 organic red bell peppers (seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips)
- 1 large Spanish onion (sliced)
- 1 can (14 ounces baby corn)
- 1 can (4 ounces sliced water chestnuts)
- 1 can (4 ounces bamboo shoots)
- 1 1/2 pounds large Diver Scallops (rinsed with water and patted dry)
- 3 tablespoonsSriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon unrefined red palm oil (such as Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon unpasteurized soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Use two non-toxic large sheet stones or two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On the two sheets of parchment-lined baking sheets, toss together the baby bok choy, red bell peppers, onions, baby corn, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and scallops.
- In a high-speed blender and process together the Sriracha sauce, unrefined red palm oil, freshly grated ginger, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Pour the sauce mixture over the vegetables and scallops; use your hands to toss and coat.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes, or until scallops are cooked through. Serve over black or brown rice.
Hungry for Another Easy Dinner Idea?
How About a Full Month’s Worth!
Check out our Clean Cuisine Dinners e-cookbook for more tasty, easy weekday dinner ideas…