15 Minute Caribbean Style Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe
This super speedy and easy Black Bean Soup recipe has a Caribbean twist. It’s delicious served hot or cold.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Cuisine: Soup
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pink Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- 1 box (15 ounces) frozen pureed butternut squash, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) BPA-free canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat the oil in a heavy medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cumin and season with salt to taste.
- Add the frozen butternut squash and saute until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the beans, coconut milk, and broth. Bring soup to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 3 minutes to let flavors blend. Add in cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Use a hand held stick blender to process until smooth and creamy. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 2