Recipe for Vegan Parmesan Cheese – Moving to a dairy free diet is easier with delicious options like this recipe for Vegan Parmesan Cheese. With a nutty flavor from the cashews and a cheesy flavor from the nutritional yeast. It’s bursting with flavor and will be the perfect replacement for parmesan cheese.
How to Make this Recipe for Vegan Parmesan Cheese
This recipe for vegan Parmesan Cheese comes together the best in a good processor. I used a large 12-cup, but you could easily use a smaller one and combine in batches.
In 2 simple steps, your Parmesan Cheese is ready:
Step 1: Measure out the Ingredients
I tend to measure haphazardly, try out my recipe and then add more onion or garlic powder based on my personal preferences. When I am making a recipe to add here at Clean Cuisine, I measure precisely. This is one of those recipes that you can play with based on what you love. If you love garlic, add more garlic powder.
Step 2: Pulse in a Food Processor
Along with a high speed blender and a stone baking pan, a large and mini food processor are a must in a clean eating kitchen. I use my mini food processor for making breadcrumbs, quick dressings and mincing up small ingredients. Everything else is made in my large 12-cup food processor.
Just toss all of the pre-measured ingredients into the food processor and pulse for about 15 seconds. Pulse again until all of the ingredients are combined and uniform in size.
How to Store Vegan Parmesan Cheese
You’ll note that I did not use fresh garlic in this recipe for Vegan Parmesan Cheese. Instead, I used only shelf stable ingredients making this recipe last in the cupboard for up to 3 months.
Let’s Talk About Ingredients:
These are part of our clean eating pantry, ingredients we keep on hand at all times making it quick to pull together this recipe.
Organic raw cashews are a heart-healthy nut that provides the creaminess to recipes like these Key Lime Cheesecakes or these Stuffed Strawberry Cheesecakes. But in this recipe for vegan Parmesan Cheese, it adds a level of nuttiness and creamy flavor. I tend to keep 2 large containers of raw organic cashews on hand at all times.
Nutritional Yeast Adds a Cheese-Like Flavor to Recipes
Our Favorite Simple Recipes with Nutritional Yeast
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese – My kids love eating homemade macaroni and cheese, especially when it’s creamy, “cheesy” and very satisfying. This comfort dish is the perfect recipe for dinner and next day leftovers.
- Dairy Free Cheesy Queso Dip – This dairy free cheesy queso is thick, creamy, and oh-so cheesy. It makes for the perfect appetizer, snack, or is even delicious drizzled over a bed of nachos. Its so good, you’ll forget you’re eating healthy!
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe – This Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe is vegan, paleo, and a dip everyone can enjoy! It’s bursting with flavor, and in my opinion, pretty addictive. Pair it with chips or gluten free bruschetta, and you have the perfect appetizer or snack!
- Zucchini Boats – Loaded with fresh herbs and protein-rich sunflower seeds, this Recipe for Zucchini Boats is nutrient-dense, and full of flavor!
- Homemade Vegan Cheese – This vegan cheese recipe is delicious, satisfying and perfect for topping on homemade pizzas, salads and more. Just a few simple ingredients and your vegan cheese will be ready to enjoy.
Recipe for Vegan Parmesan Cheese
Recipe for Vegan Parmesan Cheese is a wonderful blend of raw nuts, hemp seeds and nutritional yeast. Perfect for pasta dishes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12–15 1x
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
- In a large food processor, add all ingredients. Pulse on high in 15 seconds increments. Pulse, as needed until all ingredients are well combined and cashews are uniform in size.
- Store in a canning jar for up to 3 months. Use on all of your favorite pasta and pizza dishes.
Keywords: Recipe for Vegan Parmesan Cheese