- 2 organic (pastured egg whites)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 3/4 cup date sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds raw pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly oil the paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg white with water and vanilla until very frothy. Add in the cinnamon, salt and date sugar. Add in the pecans and shredded wheat and toss with clean hands to coat.
- Pour the coated pecans over the parchment-lined baking sheets and spread into an even layer.
- Bake pecans for 1 hour 10 minutes, stirring once after 30 minutes. Remove nuts from oven and allow to cool and harden for 30 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and store for 1 week or freeze in a zip-top bag for up to a month.