White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Simple to make, these Chewy White Chocolate Chip cookies are made in 1 bowl with a handmixer. These chewy gluten free, dairy free and sweetened with coconut sugar cookies come together so easily and bake in less than 10 minutes. So, if you’re in the mood for white chocolate chip cookies, grab a bowl, a few healthier ingredients and let’s get baking!
White Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredient List:
We use whole grain, gluten free flour, organic coconut sugar and organic coconut oil is most of our cookie recipes. They are healthier than wheat flour, shortening and refined white sugar.
The ingredients in these White Chocolate Chip Cookies are likely already in your pantry:
- coconut sugar
- coconut oil
- 1 pastured egg
- pure vanilla extract
- gluten free flour
- sea salt
- baking soda
- baking powder
- dairy free white chocolate chips
Here’s some more information on our main three swaps!
#1: Whole Grain, Gluten Free Flour is the BEST!
The healthy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies in the recipe below use one of my favorite 1-for-1 whole grain King Arthur gluten free flour. The whole grain ingredients are: rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, whole grain brown rice flour. You can learn more about flours here.
#2: Skip Refined Sugar – Use Coconut Sugar!
The coconut palm sugar in my healthy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies is a perfect substitute for empty calorie brown sugar. Although I wouldn’t classify it as a superfood, unlike refined sugar, coconut palm sugar helps prevent blood sugar spikes. And I only use a smidgen over 1/4 cup of the coconut palm sugar for the entire recipe, which is not a lot considering conventional chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipes call for over a cup of sugar.
#3: Swap Shortening for Coconut Oil
If you’ve not tried coconut oil before, I want to encourage you to pick up a small coconut oil oil from Nutiva Organics and experiment with it. I’m going to venture to say that coconut oil makes even better cookies than butter. Trust me, a few years ago I doubted this myself.
3 Simple Steps to Making White Chocolate Chip Cookies
In just a few simple steps, you’re going to have these super chewy and delicious White Chocolate Chip Cookies ready to go into the oven.
Step #1: Don’t forget to Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and then line 2 stoneware baking pans with unbleached parchment paper. We love using stoneware baking pans because they are non-toxic and chemicals and metals don’t leach into our food. We also prefer using unbleached parchment paper to make for easy clean-up!
Step #2: Using 1 large mixing bowl, you’re going to cream together the coconut sugar and coconut oil. Then add a pastured egg (learn more about pastured eggs here) and some vanilla extract and combine again. Using the same bowl, you can add the gluten free flour, sea salt, baking powder and soda — then hand-mix the white chocolate chips in.
Finally, Step 3#: Time to bake! Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, place the dough on a lined baking sheet evenly spaced on a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the top has lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let rest on the baking sheet for several minutes before moving to a rack to finish cooling.
Choose a Healthier White Chocolate Chip for Baking Cookies
Sometimes we do add just a little teeny tiny bit of sugar to our recipes and we do that by using dairy free chocolate chips. Keep in mind, we don’t use or promote keto-friendly sugar alcohols and we certainly do not want to use chocolate chips with tons of ingredients. So, we opt for Dairy Free Chocolate Chips and in a minimum quantity.
For this recipe, we used Enjoy Life White Chocolate Chips — and thankfully, they have several other varieties you may like too:
- White Mini Chocolate Chips
- Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- Semi-Sweet Mega Chocolate Chunks
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Dark Chocolate Chips
The BEST Baking Pan for Baking Cookies
We get asked ALL THE TIME about the stoneware we use in our dessert and dinner recipes. We lovingly have used stoneware for over 20 years. I still have some original stones that I bought in 2001, long before I set up my “adult kitchen”. I am so thankful for my dear friend that I called Mama Ginger, for showing me the way all those years ago. She knew I would appreciate the stoneware purchases for years to come.
My very favorite kitchen tool is this Large Stoneware Baking Pan. Yes, it can be a bit pricey… but you have to decide if it’s worth the long term investment. I’ve had this same unglazed bar pan from Pampered Chef for 20 years and still use it, worry-free, to this day.
FYI: I have three of these bar pans in my house. They are great for making batches of cookies or biscuits.
More Healthy Cookies That Are Easy to Make
We love healthy homemade cookies and thankfully, our kids love taste-testing. Here are some of our favorite cookies that are pretty quick to mix up and bake.
- Recipe for Cowboy Cookies – This recipe for Cowboy Cookies is the perfect “trail mix”-type cookie made with chocolate, walnuts, coconut, cinnamon and dried fruit. Healthy and delicious!
- Molasses Cookies Recipe – If you’re looking for the perfect fall cookie, then this delicious Molasses Cookies recipe is it. Just like the traditional recipe, our healthy version still maintains a soft and chewy center with lightly crisp edges.
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies – After several trial and errors, I can officially proclaim that these are the BEST healthy chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. And my family agrees too (and they are critical of “healthy” anything!).
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies – A new spin on a classic without losing a bit of flavor, are these Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. If you loved chewy-on-the-inside but crispy-on-the-outside oatmeal cookies as a child, then these cookies are for you.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy White Chocolate Chip Cookies are easily made in 1 big mixing bowl with a hand-mixer and bake in under 10 minutes. Gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 14 1x
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line 2 stoneware baking pans with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the coconut sugar and coconut oil. Using a hand-mixer, beat the sugar and oil together on medium speed for about 1 minute. The mixture will be light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat together until well combined.
- Add the gluten free flour, sprinkle the sea salt, baking soda and baking powder over the flour. Then, using the hand-mixer, combine all ingredients on low until just combined.
- Add the white chocolate chips and mix together with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, place the dough on a lined baking sheet evenly spaced on a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the top has lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let rest on the baking sheet for several minutes before moving to a rack to finish cooling.
Keywords: White Chocolate Chip Cookies