Recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins – Fluffy, moist and perfectly delicious, try this recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins. And make a double batch, if you can. Because once your family gets a hold one, they won’t be able to stop eating them.
The best part is they are super healthy. So, when our growing teenage son asked for a third pumpkin muffin, I didn’t hesitate. The benefits of him devouring this recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins far outweigh the number he can eat.
Super Delicious Recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
A perfect fall snack, this recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins is loaded with nutrient-dense and super healthy ingredients.
Made from 100% whole grains and wholesome ingredients, these gluten free pumpkin muffins are perfect for an autumn breakfast or afternoon snack. They are moist and sweet yet have no refined sugar, no dairy and no refined ingredients.
Boost the Nutrients with Coconut Manna Spread
Have you ever used Coconut Manna before? If not, you’re in for a real treat. Especially if you spread this on top of recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins. Better than butter and loaded with super healthy nutrients… but also delicious!
The Convenience of Make Ahead Breakfasts and Healthy Snacks
I especially love the convenience of muffins in the morning. If you too are a fan of “Make Ahead Breakfast”, then you know how wonderful it is to rely on grab-n-go morning meals. One of the great things about this super easy recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins is that if you spend just 15 minutes preparing them on a Sunday afternoon then you’ll have breakfast ready made for the week ahead.
Oh! And they freeze beautifully.
We almost always make a double batch so we have plenty for breakfast and lots of leftovers for the kids to grab off the counter. If you have teenagers like we do, then you know they eat all the time. These fluffy, moist healthy Pumpkin Muffins do the trick while boosting their bodies with plenty of nutrient-dense ingredients that aid to health benefits.
Swap Your Muffins Tins for 100% Ceramic Non-Toxic Muffins Pans
Consider swapping your muffins tips for 100% non-toxic muffin pans. Aluminum and other metals can leach into your food and the non-stick pans and ceramic-coated pans are even worse! Ick. If you’re looking for a place to start this Xtrema 6 Standard Muffin Pan is a good go-to in my kitchen plus you can save an extra 15% off by using our exclusive code: CCX15 with your order.
I recommend that you slowly begin switching out your toxic kitchen cookware for 100% ceramic cookware. Xtrema Cookware is our go-to for stovetop cooking, this new deep 9″x5″ Loaf Pan and this 6-count muffin pan. All other baking, we prefer Pampered Chef for their durability, amazing heat retention and easy-to-clean surfaces.
The Perfect Recipe for Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
This recipe for gluten free Pumpkin Muffins is made with a few key ingredients that keep the nutrients big and the flavor amazing.
#1: Use Whole Grain Gluten Free Flour Instead of Wheat Flour
I swapped out the traditional wheat flour with whole grain, gluten free flour made by King Arthur Flour. The flour is a cup-for-cup replacement for any of your other cookie recipes that call for flour.
#2: Naturally Sweetened with Organic Pitted Dates
We love using pitted dates as a sweetener replacement for refined white sugar. You can also use date sugar or coconut sugar if you have them.
#3: Always, Always Bake with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
If you’ve not tried coconut oil before, I want to encourage you to pick up a small coconut oil oil from Nutiva Organics and experiment with it. I’m going to venture to say that coconut oil makes even better cookies than butter. Trust me, a few years ago I doubted this myself.
#4: Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
This Recipe for Pumpkin Pie Spice is a perfect blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves. Pumpkin Pie Spice is a perfect substitute for recipes that call for just cinnamon. From Pumpkin Donuts to Easy Candied Pecans, we use this recipe for Pumpkin Pie Spice in several recipes.
If You Love This Recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins, Try These Too!
I am a big fan of making double batches around here to stretch through 1 meal plus a few days of snacks. Just this like this recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins, you don’t have to hesitate saying yes to your kids… or to yourself. Make them ahead of time and enjoy them for a few days. Try these other healthy quick bread recipes that easily double!
- Blueberry Lemon Loaf – This Blueberry Lemon Loaf offers a subtly sweet and perfectly moist breakfast, snack, or dessert option! Loaded with fresh, wild blueberries, and topped with a sweet yet tart lemon glaze, this bread is one the whole family will love! This recipe can easily be made into muffins!
- Recipe for Zucchini Muffins – If you’re looking for the perfect make ahead breakfast that is both nutrient dense and satisfying, try this recipe for Zucchini Muffins.
- Cinnamon Bun Recipe – This is the best and healthiest homemade cinnamon bun recipe ever! If you are looking for a healthy alternative to the traditional cinnamon roll recipe, then this is it.
- Vegetable Frittata – Our delicious Vegetable Frittata is made with asparagus, leeks and dill. It’s perfect for brunch but also makes a delicious meatless dinner entree.
Recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
This tasty recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins is gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened. Plus, we used non-toxic baking muffin pans.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup organic canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1 cup organic pitted dates
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole grain
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 – 6 cup muffin pans with coconut oil or unbleached parchment liners.
- In a high speed blender, place the pumpkin puree, applesauce, dates, melted coconut oil, pastured eggs, water and vanilla extract and process until smooth and creamy. About 1-3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir the wet ingredients in with the dry.
- Then, fold in any add-ins you want to add to this healthy pumpkin bread recipe. Chocolate chips, apples and raisins are our favorites!
- Using a large, 3 tablespoon scoop, scoop the batter to the muffin pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve warm.
Keywords: Recipe for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins