Recipe for Blackberry Cake – Oh, this delicious and summery recipe for Blackberry Cake is going to have you looking for fresh blackberry patches this summer. This tray cake is the perfect dessert to fully embrace the summer.
Make the Perfect Recipe for Blackberry Cake
Studded with jewel-like blackberries, this tray bake cake just looks like the summer to me. It would be perfect for a make-ahead for a weekend breakfast morning treat. Or to host a brunch at your house with a delicious quiche.
The Riper the Bananas, the Sweeter
This delicious recipe calls for 4 mashed bananas. We tend to buy 2 bunches of bananas each week. One to enjoy fresh and the other to over-ripen. Then, we can make some of our favorite banana recipes like these:
- Moist and delicious Hummingbird Cake
- Gluten Free Banana Bread loaded with nutrients!
- Banana Pancakes that taste and delightful as Banana Bread!
Recipe for Blackberry Cake is Nutritious too!
This was actually the first time I ever made a tray bake recipe, but it was just as easy as baking any other type of cake.
Except unlike with conventional cakes, this one is loaded with antioxidant and phytonutrient-rich fruit. It also sneaks in hemp nutrition (if you use hemp milk as the recipe calls for) and is made with 100% whole grains. It also has no refined oil, no dairy, it’s gluten free and no refined sugar. Yes, it tastes good — you must trust me on this one.
Packed with energy bar-like nutritional perks, cake for breakfast can now be a thing.
Packed with energy bar-like nutritional perks, cake for breakfast can now be a thing.Print
Recipe for Blackberry Cake
Recipe for Blackberry Cake tastes like dessert but is nutritious enough for breakfast. Gluten free, dairy free and no refined sugar.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup hemp milk or other nut milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 organic eggs yolks
- 3 organic egg whites
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 pints fresh blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a large baking sheet (12 x 16 inches) with coconut oil.
- Put the oats in a food processor and process into flour. To the food processor, add the almond flour, gluten free flour and baking powder. Process until ingredients are well blended. Transfer dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- To a blender, add the mashed bananas, hemp milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, egg yolks and vanilla; process until smooth and creamy. Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry and mix well to combine.
- To the blender, add the egg whites and process for 2 1/2 minutes, or until frothy. Fold the egg whites in with the batter and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with blackberries. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Keywords: Recipe for Blackberry Cake