Now that school is back in session, I’m back to making my Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Recipe again. You will not believe what incredible flavor this dish delivers…and with very little effort.
A TRUE Fix It and Forget It Dinner
Not all slow cooker recipes live up to the “Fix It and Forget It” hype, but this one really does!
What I mean by the hype is that you can’t necessarily dump all of the ingredients in the crock pot, set the timer and return home to a perfectly cooked dinner with all slow cooker recipes. A lot of times you need to pre-cook the meat or saute the vegetables first. But this Slow Cooker Thai Chicken recipe truly captures the spirit of what most people envision a perfect crock pot dinner to be. The ingredient list may be a tad bit lengthy, but the whole thing takes less than 20 minutes of preparation time.
It makes the perfect back-to-school dinner, especially if you have kids in multiple different activities. If you set aside just a bit of time in the morning, you really will have a perfectly prepared dinner come 6 o’clock.
Make It a Meal
The peanut-Thai sauce with this recipe is absolutely loaded with flavor so any sides you add can be very simply prepared. I like to add a dark leafy green such as steamed spinach and a whole grain. My favorite whole grain lately is sorghum, it tastes better than quinoa and can be prepared in a rice cooker just like you would cook rice. So easy!
Pin this graphic for later!Print
Clean Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Recipe with Peanut Sauce
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours Inactive Time: Total Time:
- Total Time: 16 minute
- Yield: 4 1x
- Cuisine: Entree
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unpasteurized soy sauce (such as Nama Shoyu) or coconut aminos for gluten free
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 inch knob fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 organic red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds organic, pasture-raised skinless chicken thighs, all visible fat removed
- In a high speed blender (such as a the Vibe Blender by Luvele), add the coconut milk, red curry paste, peanut butter, soy sauce, dates, apple cider vinegar, water, lime juice, garlic and ginger. Process on high speed until mixture is smooth and creamy. Set curry sauce aside.
- Combine the red peppers, onions, carrots and chicken in a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Pour curry sauce evenly over the vegetables and chicken. Stir gently to coat. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 5 to 6 hours, until chicken is cooked through but still juicy. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.