- 1 can (14.5 ounces) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unpasteurized soy sauce (such as Nama Shoyu) or coconut aminos for gluten free
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 inch knob fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 organic red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds organic, pasture-raised skinless chicken thighs, all visible fat removed
- In a high speed blender (such as a the Vibe Blender by Luvele), add the coconut milk, red curry paste, peanut butter, soy sauce, dates, apple cider vinegar, water, lime juice, garlic and ginger. Process on high speed until mixture is smooth and creamy. Set curry sauce aside.
- Combine the red peppers, onions, carrots and chicken in a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Pour curry sauce evenly over the vegetables and chicken. Stir gently to coat. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 5 to 6 hours, until chicken is cooked through but still juicy. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.