Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe – Well, if you know how we roll around here, we are going to encourage you to eat a LITTLE bit healthier. This amazing, yet simple dinner for Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe is made with the healthiest noodles ever. Spiralized zucchini noodles.
Of course, if you don’t have a spiralizer or love zucchini noodles, we have some other options for you!
Add More Vegetables to Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe
For this delicious Shrimp Scampi with Pasta recipe, you can certainly make gluten free linguine (there are lots of whole grain options). However, we want to encourage you to add more vegetables to your plate by making zucchini noodles.
Does Your Kid Know About Zucchini Noodles?
Don’t worry, mine didn’t for years. Most kids would probably ask what the zucchini noodles were. But since I make zucchini pasta recipes rather frequently, there was no hesitation! Anyway, this dish is one of our favorite shrimp scampi with pasta recipes. The kids love it so much they have already asked me to make it again this week!
And for the record, if you do have someone in the house who is allergic to shrimp, you can easily substitute scallops. You’ll end up with a delicious scallop scampi.
How to Make the Perfect Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe
Classic shrimp scampi recipes typically call for a lot of butter and a pretty hefty amount of garlic too. However, I was able to make the dish comply with our anti-inflammatory clean eating guidelines by eliminating the butter and using just extra virgin olive oil instead. As for the garlic, I used WAY more than what is called for in a conventional scampi recipe. And by way more I mean about eight times the normal amount.
Of course, if you’re not huge garlic fans, cut it down a bit… but let me tell you why lots of garlic is good for you.
We Added Lots of Garlic to this Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe
I use lots of garlic for two reasons:
There is new research that shows garlic can help lower inflammation and fight obesity. So, whenever possible – add it to every single dinner entree you make!
#2: Garlic Makes this Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe so Delicious!
All of the extra garlic is what makes this Shrimp Scampi with Pasta dish so savory and delicious. Be sure to follow the instructions and cook the garlic over medium heat (not high heat!) and stir constantly. You just have to be super careful not to let the garlic burn! Because trust me, nothing will ruin shrimp scampi with pasta faster than burned garlic.
Try Different Pastas for this Shrimp Scampi Recipe
As for the zucchini noodles, you could of course always swap those for whole grain pasta. Or, you could give zucchini noodles a chance and pair them with spaghetti or linguine noodles. We love the jovial brand of whole grain, gluten free pasta but thankfully there’s several brands to choose from now.
For us, we’re going to make every effort to add in more phytonutrients every single chance we can. So, for this recipe, we’re making ours with zucchini noodles.
If you Love this Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe…
Then, you’re going to want to check out some of our other clean cuisine shrimp recipes:
- The Best Shrimp and Grits Recipe – I’ll be honest, every single time I took a big bite from this dinner bowl, I became 1000% certain that THIS is the Best Shrimp and Grits recipe ever made.
- Shrimp Skillet – This one dish Shrimp Skillet is so delicious. The recipe is rich, filling and truly delicious. It is perfect for weeknights too because it takes advantage of the use of low-prep/ low-stress frozen vegetables.
- Chipotle Spiced Shrimp recipe – If you love a little bit of spice in your food, you’re going to love this simple Chipotle Spiced Shrimp.
- Mojo Shrimp Recipe – This recipe is derived from the famous Cuban marinade that is typically made with a sour orange.
- Pad Thai with Shrimp – The creaminess of the sauce in this Pad Thai with Shrimp recipe is going to taste like heaven. If you’ve never had this delightful, umami-flavored dish, you’re in for a treat.
- Spicy Shrimp Recipe – To be honest, this Spicy Shrimp Recipe is only spicy if you think taco seasoning is spicy. So, don’t be too alarmed by the title!
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta recipe – One of our family favorites. Plus, it just so happens to be dairy free and gluten free and a very easy shrimp recipe to make.
Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe
Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe is delicious, savory and made within 20 minutes. Dairy free and gluten free with LOTS of garlic.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 3 cups spiralized zuchhini “noodles” using a
- 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 pound large or extra large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the zucchini noodles and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Add the broth, salt, red pepper and black pepper; bring to a simmer. Let wine reduce by half.
- Add shrimp and saute until they just turn pink, about 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley and lemon; cook until parsley just barely wilts.
- Add the cooked zucchini noodles to the skillet and heat through until just warm, about 1 minute. Serve warm.
Keywords: Shrimp Scampi with Pasta