Pad Thai with Shrimp – The creaminess of the sauce in this Pad Thai with Shrimp recipe is going to taste like heaven. If you’ve never had this delightful, umami-flavored dish, you’re in for a treat.
Make Pad Thai with Shrimp in Under 30 Minutes
This delicious umami-flavored Pad Thai with Shrimp recipe can be made in under 30 minutes. Are you like me and don’t have much time in the evenings to pull dinner together? Then, you must add this to your menu.
Making this Pad Thai with Shrimp recipe is easy. Mainly because we’re using brown rice noodles, several vegetables and a simple sauce you can make at home.
For this recipe, you will only use a stockpot and a large skillet. Which means, dishes will be a cinch. Need a good 12″ skillet? Check out this one from Xtrema Cookware.
How to Make Pad Thai with Shrimp
Here are the 3 main things to look for when making this recipe.
#1: Use Healthy Wild Caught Shrimp
We will always tell you that a healthy meal starts with healthy fruits, vegetables… and in this case, shrimp. We only recommend wild caught shrimp because of the unhealthy way that farmed shrimp are raised. You can take my word for it or check out the 15 Best Tips to Choosing Healthy Fish.
#2: Find Brown Rice Noodles – They Do Exist!
A few years ago it was not easy to find brown rice noodles. But now, you can find them everywhere these days. Just be sure to check the ingredients that they are clean by only use brown rice flour.
My favorite place to pick them up is publix. Check their store locator here.I am so grateful we got one in our neck of the woods. Especially since I can now buy Nelly and Joe’s Key Lime Pie Juice for my homemade No Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe.
#3: Don’t Forget the Splash of Lime at the End
Don’t forget the bit of lime juice that’s added at the end. It really will pull this recipe together and you’re going to love the final dish.
Pad Thai with Shrimp
Pad Thai with Shrimp – a super speedy and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love? Try this one dish wonder Pad Thai with Shrimp.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 8 ounces brown rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Spanish onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon old bay
- 1 cup chicken broth (or use vegetable broth)
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp, either wild caught or frozen and thawed, peeled and de-veined
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook according to the package, typically 4-6 minutes. Strain the rice and noodles and immediately transfer to a large skillet. While the water is coming to a boil, proceed to step #2.
- In a large 12″ skillet, add the olive oil over medium heat. To the skillet, add the onions, minced ginger and minced garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- To the skillet, add the sesame oil, soy sauce, old bay, broth, cabbage and bean sprouts (1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, if desired). Saute for about 2 more minutes and then add the shrimp. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side of the shrimp, do not overcook.
- Once you strain the rice noodles, add them to the 12″ skillet and combine everything together. Drizzle lemon juice and scallions.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: Pad Thai with Shrimp