Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookie – Growing up, pizza was my favorite food. Pepperoni pizza, pizza rolls, fruit pizza, you name it…I loved it all! While none of these are the healthiest foods, they can easily be modified to be nutrient-dense, and clean! This is exactly what I did with this Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookie.
Free of dairy, gluten, and refined-sugar, you can enjoy this recipe as a dessert, or even a sweet breakfast treat! Let’s get into the details.
Recipe for a Fruit Pizza
If you’ve never heard of a fruit pizza before, you’re in for a real treat! Fruit pizza is most definitely not anything like your traditional red-sauce-based savory pizza. Fruit pizza is a dessert pizza! With a sugar cookie crust, sweet cream cheese “sauce”, and a ton of fruit loaded on top, this recipe is a great, nutrient-dense way to satisfy that sweet tooth.
It’s also the perfect dessert recipe for kids needing to up their fruit intake in a fun and delicious way! Enjoy this plant-based Fruit Pizza on a hot summer day, or for a fun “make your own pizza night”.
How to Make Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookie Recipe
Making a fruit pizza from home is super simple and easy. It stores great in the fridge, and doesn’t even have to be reheated to enjoy! So how exactly do you make this Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookie from home?
Step #1: – Prepare the dough. This Recipe for a Fruit Pizza is made up of only a few simple ingredients, all gluten, dairy, and refined-sugar free! Simple mix together the coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and egg until smooth. Then, fold in your measure-for-measure gluten free flour, baking powder, and salt.
Step #2: Bake – Place the Fruit Pizza Sugar in the oven, and prepare your vegan sweet cream cheese recipe!
Step #3: Let Cool – Remove pizza from the oven, and allow to fully cool. In the meantime, wash and cut your fruit.
Step #4: Decorate – Spread on cream cheese icing, and decorate with fruit. Enjoy!
Be Creative – Make Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookie your Own!
The fruit on this Sugar Cookie Recipe was my personal preference in flavor and fruit combo. You can absolutely remove, add, and use whatever fruits your prefer. Just keep the Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen in mind when choosing produce for the highest quality, healthiest plants!
Want to add more than fruit to your dessert pizza? Try adding in superfoods like hempseeds, cacao nibs, and ground flax for even more health benefits and nutrition!
Fruit Pizza for Holiday Fun
While this Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookie is in your traditional round pizza shape, it can easily adapt for any holiday or occasion. This can be done by simply by changing the shape of the crust and switching up the fruit. Here are just a few ideas for other occasions:
- St. Patrick’s Day Fruit Pizza Recipe: Cut the crust in the shape of a shamrock and go green with the fruit! Decorate with sliced green grapes and kiwi slices.
- Christmas Fruit Pizza Recipe: Cut the crust in the shape of a wreath and keep the color scheme red and green with raspberries and green grapes.
- Easter Fruit Pizza Recipe: Cut the crust in the shape of an egg and use a variety of brightly colored fruits in a striped pattern.
- New Years Eve Fruit Pizza Recipe: Cut the crust in the shape of a star and decorate with star fruit.
- 4th of July Fruit Pizza Recipe: Cut the crust into a rectangle (flag shape), or stick with a circle. Just be sure to go red, white and blue!
More Pizza Dessert Recipe
While fruit pizza is your most common dessert pizza, there are numerous varieties of this tasty food you’re definitely going to want to check out…
Cinnamon Roll Dessert Pizza: Grain, gluten, dairy, and yeast-free, this Cinnamon Roll Dessert Pizza is a total game changer on your dessert or breakfast menu, and still a great way to pack in some nutrients. Simply swap the milk and butter for plant-based options (if you choose to avoid dairy), and follow our cream cheese frosting recipe for dairy and refined-sugar free as well!
Pumpkin Dessert Pizza: This dessert pizza is totally out of the norm! With a pecan crust, pumpkin cream cheese sauce (swap for plant-based cream cheese), and fruit toppings, this unique dish is a must-try (especially for fall)!
Paleo Chocolate Fruit Pizza with a Brownie Crust: Did your jaw just drop? Because mine did! A dream for chocolate lovers, this Brownie Dessert Pizza is already gluten, grain, dairy, and refined-sugar free. No substitutions necessary for clean eating!
Are you ready to learn how to make this Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookie from home? Let’s get into it!Print
Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookie
Free of dairy, gluten, and refined-sugar, you can enjoy this Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookie as a dessert, or even a sweet breakfast treat!
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 1/4 cup measure-for-measure gluten free flour (we love King Arthur’s)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 pastured egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 3 hours prior to beginning the recipe, or flashed soaked
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature, soft enough to easily scoop
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons honey, swap for maple syrup if vegan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit of choice, sliced and chopped to desired size (I used strawberries, mango, kiwi, and blackberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place one unbleached sheet of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
- Combine coconut sugar, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add in measure-for-measure gluten free flour, baking powder, and Himalayan pink salt. Mix until smooth.
- Place dough on parchment paper, and place another parchment paper on top. Roll with rolling pin until 1/3-1/2 inch thick. Mold into shape of choice.
- Place in oven for 10-14 minutes, or until edges are turning golden brown. Remove from oven, and let fully cool.
- While sugar cookie is baking, combine ingredients for cream cheese frosting. Blend in high speed blender until smooth.
- Once sugar cookie has fully cooled, spread desired amount of cream cheese frosting on crust.
- Top with fruit, and serve immediately, or place in the fridge to chill to enjoy later.
Keywords: Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookie