If you’ve been following our Clean Cuisine Challenge for a full month now you know we are very big into all things green (green drinks, green veggies, green phytonutrient supplements, green tea, etc.). Today we wanted to share a special “SuperGreen” smoothie made with greens and green tea and sweetened with whole fruit. We know, the green tea might sound a bit strange to put in a smoothie, but not to worry — it tastes every bit as delicious as it is good for you!
Like today’s recipe, we know we have been giving you a lot of recipes for smoothies made with blended fruits and vegetables over the past 31 days as part of the Clean Cuisine Challenge. And surely some of you must be wondering why we haven’t said a word about juicing, especially since juicing and juice bars seem to be all the rage these days among clean eating enthusiasts. The reason we haven’t talked about juicing is because we really are not very into it.
Here’s a fun little graphic below that gives a quick snapshot of the reasons we prefer blended fruit and vegetable drinks over fresh pressed juices for the general population.
For more detailed information and to see who juicing does benefit click HERE.
Ok, on with the recipe of the day…
Ginger, Pear, Greens & Green Tea Smoothie
- 1 Anjou pear, chopped (keep the skins on)
- ¼ cup white raisins or dried mulberries
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger root
- 1 large handful chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened brewed green tea, cooled or 3 teaspoons Teavana Imperial Matcha, Japanese Powdered Green Tea
- 7-9 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients, except for the ice, in a high speed blender (we like Vitamix) and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add the ice and process again. Drink chilled.
Additional Smoothie Recipes & More for Just $2.99!