Try Last Night’s Cherry Clafoutis Dessert for Breakfast
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 cups pitted and halved cherries
- ½ cup Biodynamic flour (such as Isis or white whole wheat flour) or 1-for-1 gluten free flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds (such as Barlean’s Forti-Flax)
- ¼ cup raw whole almonds
- 3 organic (pastured eggs)
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly oil a 9-inch gratin dish. Arrange the cherries on the bottom of the dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour and flaxseeds. Set aside.
- In a Vitamix, add the almonds, eggs, dates, almond extract, maple syrup, salt and water. Process until smooth and creamy. Pour the almond-egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and whisk until ingredients are well blended. Pour the batter into the gratin dish on top of the cherries.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, until the clafoutis is set and golden. Let cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve.