I started thinking about how I might create my own summery and easy raw dessert recipes after getting hooked on the mint “ice cream” sundae at my favorite local raw foods restaurant, Christopher’s Kitchen, a few months back.
I had never heard of a raw ice cream sundae and was sort of wondering what it might be made of. Christopher’s Kitchen is vegan so I knew it couldn’t be raw milk. Watch the video below to learn more…
If you are not lucky enough to live in Palm Beach county near Christopher’s Kitchen you can still beat the heat and make your own easy raw dessert recipes with these ideas below. These no-cook/ no-guilt recipes are both are super kid-friendly and truly nutritious. In fact, they are so healthy you could even eat them for breakfast…something my son does frequently on his way out the door to summer camp.
Ivy’s Clean Cuisine Style Easy Raw Dessert Recipes
Strawberry -n- Banana Popsicles
Yields 4 Servings
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups chopped organic fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup raw pecans
- Optional: 1 tablespoon honey or agave (omit for Whole30, use honey for paleo)
1. Place all ingredients in a high speed blender (such as a Vitamix.) Process until smooth and creamy. Divide mixture into four (4-ounce) Popsicle molds. Freeze for four hours.
Frozen Banana-Chia Fun Pops
Yields 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup organic raisins (or chopped organic dates)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao nibs (such as TerrAmazon)
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut in half (widthwise)
- 4 popsicle sticks
- ¼ cup raw almond butter, softened
- Agave syrup (for drizzling) (omit for paleo or Whole30)
1. Place the chia seeds, walnuts, raisins (or dates) and cacao nibs in a mini food processor and pulse into crumbs. Pour the fruit and nut crumbs onto a large plate.
2. Stick a popsicle stick through the cut end of each banana half. Spread almond butter on the bananas. Roll them in the fruit and nut crumbs. Drizzle a little agave syrup on top of each banana (optional). Wrap each banana in waxed paper and freeze for 3 hours.