Recipe for Quinoa Salad with Nori – This delicious and delicate Quinoa Salad with Nori is perfect for packing in the plant-based nutrients, in one quick and easy meal! It is also a great source of healthy carbs and protein. This will leave you full and ready to take on the rest of your day!
This salad is also easy to pack up and take on the go, for a healthy lunch while at work, or school! Ready to learn how to make this Recipe for Quinoa Salad with Nori from home? Keep reading!
Recipe for Quinoa Salad with Nori
Like mentioned above, this Recipe for Quinoa Salad with Nori is a quick, easy, and delicious meal, but most definitely unique when it comes to salads. When most people think of salads, they think of a raw lettuce base, loaded with veggies, maybe fruit, and drizzled in dressing. This salad, on-the-other-hand, has a base of quinoa and nori (seaweed) and tossed in a coconut aminos vinaigrette!
Due to the ingredients in this recipe being either cooked or dried, this salad is perfect for those (like me) who find it harder to digest raw veggies. It’s also perfect for those who tire of salads, and want to switch it up a bit!
More Salads without Lettuce
Not a salad person, or simply want to switch it up from time-to-time? Here are a few of our favorite unique salad recipes, lettuce-free!
Brussels Sprouts in Salad: This Brussels Sprouts in Salad Recipe is a crisp, and refreshing way to pack in a hefty serving of greens for the day!
Recipe for Tomato Salad: Serving perfectly as a side dish, appetizer, or salad, this Recipe for Tomato Salad is fresh, flavorful, and a dish you just have to try!
Broccoli with Bacon Salad: This Broccoli with Bacon Salad is full of fruits, veggies, and seeds, and drizzled with an easy, Homemade Ranch Dressing.
Recipe for Healthy Chicken Salad: This recipe for healthy chicken salad is full of delicious vegetables, pastured chicken, vegan mayo and loaded with flavor.
Warm Salad Recipe for Dinner: While many salads are geared toward summertime, this warm and hearty Salad Recipe for Dinner is perfect for crisp fall or chilly winter days.
These were just a few of our unique salad options here at Clean Cuisine. Didn’t see one you loved? Check out our salad section for even more options!
All about Nori
I’m sure by this point, many are skeptical of the nori in this recipe. We don’t blame you! Nori is not something we all consume on a regular basis, and can sound…unappetizing at first. Let me assure you, nori is far from unappetizing, and when used in the right recipes, can be a regular, healthy, and delicious part of your diet! First, let us teach you all about nori….
The first question we should address is…what exactly is nori? Nori is simply dried seaweed. If you’re a sushi-lover, this is the thin, paper-like wrapping used to hold sushi together. It is common in Japanese cuisine, and is an incredibly healthy addition to a balanced diet!
Health Benefits of Seaweed
Seaweed is full of nutrients and vitamins, such as b vitamins, Vitamin A, C, E, K, calcium, potassium, and so much more! Seaweed has been studied to support…
- Thyroid Health: Seaweed is a great source of iodine, which can particularly help to support healthy thyroid function.
- Good Gut Health: Seaweed has prebiotics and non-digestible fibers to support a healthy and diverse gut microbiome.
- Healthy Heart Function: Seaweed has been studied to possibly aid in reducing cholesterol and blood pressure. As high-blood pressure and cholesterol is such a prominent problem these days, seaweed could make a great addition to many people’s diets for this reason alone.
Recipes with Seaweed
Want even more ways to add seaweed into your diet? Here are some great recipes that will make eating seaweed something to look forward to…
How to Make Asian Seaweed Salad: Seaweed salad is clean, delicious and can easily be made at home for a fraction of the cost. Made with garlic, ginger, rice wine and sesame.
Chicken Broth Seaweed Egg Drop Soup: GAPS, Paleo, and Whole30, this Seaweed Egg Drop Soup is perfect for cooler days!
Spicy Salmon Row with Avocado: Gluten and dairy-free, this article teaches you how to make sushi from scratch. Easy to follow instructions with zero stress!
Ready to learn all of the details on how to make this tasty salad? Let’s get into the recipe!Print
Recipe for Quinoa Salad with Nori
This delicious and delicate Quinoa Salad with Nori is perfect for packing in the plant-based nutrients in one, quick and easy meal!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sesame seed oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked quinoa, kept warm or reheated
- 5 sheets of nori, toasted and torn into strips or squares
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces carrots, grated or peeled into ribbons
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- Optional: 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Optional: 1 cup cooked or smoked salmon, flaked
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and black pepper. Place the warm quinoa in a large serving bowl.
- Add the squares of nori a few at a time, gently stirring to wilt them and being careful that they don’t clump up. Add all the spinach and stir to wilt, too.
- Mix in the carrots, green onions, sesame seeds and salmon and then drizzle the dressing over and toss gently. Serve warm.
Keywords: Recipe for Quinoa Salad with Nori