This delicious and delicate Asian Quinoa Salad is perfect for getting more seaweed into your diet. Especially those of us with an underactive thyroid!
Asian Quinoa Salad is a Burst of Iodine
It is suggested that we eat sea veggies to ensure sufficient iodine levels, I’ve been on the hunt for a delectable way to eat seaweed outside of your go-to sushi bar. And, lucky for you, I’ve found one!
Chef and Blogger Hannah Cordes from Blue Kale Road slices and dices this nutritious iodine-bursting and thyroid-encouraging green in her Nori Quinoa Salad that will put any Rainbow Roll to shame! Not only does Chef Hannah include Nori (which is also high in iron, rich in protein, fiber and calcium-rich, and cholesterol-lowering), she adds Omega-3-rich salmon, and Quinoa, or the “queen of grains” as we call it here at Clean Cuisine. Enjoy!
Asian Quinoa Salad
Asian Quinoa Salad is perfect for getting more seaweed into your diet. Especially those of us with an underactive thyroid!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sesame seed oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked quinoa, kept warm or reheated
- 5 sheets of nori, toasted and torn into strips or squares
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces carrots, grated or peeled into ribbons
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup cooked or smoked salmon, flaked
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and black pepper. Place the warm quinoa in a large serving bowl.
- Add the squares of nori a few at a time, gently stirring to wilt them and being careful that they don’t clump up. Add all the spinach and stir to wilt, too.
- Mix in the carrots, green onions, sesame seeds and salmon and then drizzle the dressing over and toss gently. Serve warm.