Strawberry Lemonade Recipe – This Strawberry Lemonade Recipe was the hit of our weekend picnic. And it was by far the easiest thing I made on the menu too! You can expect this lemonade to taste like summer. It’s so refreshing and delicious.
The Perfect Picnic Drink: Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
As the weather begins to warm up, we find ourselves spend more and more time outside. This past weekend, we spent the afternoon walking the local hiking trails and stretching our legs. The weather was perfect and the kids loved every minute of our outdoor time.
Here’s Our Picnic Menu:
- Grape, Watermelon and Cucumber Salad – Our delightful fruit salad is perfect for warm weather. It has a little kick of heat that you’re going to love.
- No Mayo Potato Salad – This is the PERFECT side dish to pack for an outdoor picnic.
- Hard Boiled Eggs and Sea Salt – Eggs are the easiest snack and so satisfying while doing outdoor activity. We kept our cold with an ice pack. Learn how to make hard-boiled eggs here.
- Organic Grass Fed Beef Sticks are perfect for an on-the-go snack.
How to Make the Healthiest Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
Making the Strawberry Lemonade Recipe was actually an afterthought for the picnic menu. But, if you are planning any summer gatherings the effort-to-impressiveness ratio doesn’t get much better than homemade Strawberry Lemonade. Especially on a hot sweltering day.
The way we make this the HEALTHIEST Strawberry Lemonade recipe is because we have chosen clean, whole ingredients.
#1: Use Organic Strawberries
Unfortunately, strawberries are on the top of the Dirty Dozen list by EWG. Which means that non-organic strawberries use a tremendous amount of chemicals to help them grow. Plus, they are likely genetically modified too. We highly recommend that you select organic strawberries for this recipe.
#2: Naturally Sweetened with Dates
Traditional strawberry lemonade recipes use at least 1 cup of refined sugar, if not more. While yes, white refined sugar is cheap and easy to use, it’s also one of the worst things you can consume.
Thanks to pureed dates, you don’t need a drop of added sugar to make your lemonade sweet.
How Do You Keep Strawberry Lemonade Cold on a Picnic?
Note: Alcohol doesn’t freeze so if you are planning on spiking your beverages you will want to add the alcohol when you serve the food.
We left the house at about 8 am and didn’t have the picnic until 1:30 or so and the Strawberry Lemonade Recipe was still somewhat frozen even all those hours later. I just used my hands to “massage” and soften the frozen pieces that were still in the zip-top bag before pouring the liquid into the mason jars.Print
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe is made with zero added sugar. This lemonade is every bit as sweet and takes just 5 minutes to make.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 cups frozen organic strawberries
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- 1 1/2 cups ice cold water
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and process for at least 2 minutes, or until mixture is completely smooth and lump-free. Serve cold.
Keywords: Strawberry Lemonade Recipe