My delicious Grape, Watermelon and Cucumber Salad has a kick from the sweet and spicy jalapeno, lime and honey marinade.
It’s the perfect fruit salad for eating summer dinners on the patio.
Add Fruit Salad to your Weekly Menu!
By the way, you can never have too many fresh fruit salad recipes. I usually go to the grocery on Fridays to buy a ton of fruit. Then, I make a big batch of fruit salad Friday night. This Grape, Watermelon and Cucumber salad recipe is always at the top of my list.
Having a big bowl of fruit salad on hand means that we have a grab-and-go snack ready to eat all weekend. Also, the boys in our house will eat triple servings of my salads on busy outdoor days. There’s something about the sun and heat that makes you crave fruit. I find fruit-based raw food recipes are the most refreshing and re-hydrating to serve after a day of sun and fun.
Chopping Up Whole, Raw Fruits
Anyway, I suppose I could just leave all the fruit as-is in its whole, untouched form straight from the grocery. But, for whatever reason a whole apple is never as much fun to eat as one that’s been sliced or diced. And, since fruit is a clean eating staple in our house, I find it most convenient to make my fruit salad recipes in advance.
How to Make the Best Grape, Watermelon and Cucumber Fruit Salad
This Grape, Watermelon and Cucumber Fruit Salad recipe is my mom’s idea. It combines ultra-cleansing watermelon (did you know watermelon is 92% water?), cucumber and grape. Read more about the benefits of choosing watermelon for your fruit salads here.
Add a Spicy Jalapeno Pepper Marinade
This veggie-fruit trio perfectly compliments the spicy jalapeno pepper and salty flavors from the marinade. And by the way, you’ll want to marinate this fruit salad for at least 5 hours, overnight would be even better. The longer it marinates the more intense the flavors.
By the way, I am addicted to this Grape, Watermelon and Cucumber Salad. Typically, you can find me eating it for lunch, snack and even breakfast. The basic recipe is below, but feel free too add a few things for variety. For extra richness you could add in some avocado chunks or drizzle a little bit of avocado oil on top. For me, the perfect Saturday morning breakfast is a large bowl of this fruit salad recipe. Paired with 1-2 Banana Bread Pancakes packed with fresh bananas. Too bad it’s only Wednesday….
More Whole, Raw Fruit Recipes:
If you love the refreshing taste of watermelon, be sure to try our Homemade Watermelon Juice recipe. This juice recipe is perfectly sweet without any added refined sugar.
This recipe for a Delicious Green Smoothie packs in lots of raw vegetables too.Print
Grape Watermelon and Cucumber Salad
Delicious Grape Watermelon and Cucumber Salad gets a kick from a sweet & spicy jalapeno, lime juice, & raw honey marinade.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup white seedless grapes, cut into halves
- 6 cups watermelon cut into small chunks or scooped with a melon baller
- 1 or 2 cucumbers, cut lengthwise into four strips, seeds removed, and then cut across into small even chunks
- Pour the lime juice in a large mixing bowl and whisk in the honey and unrefined sea salt. Add the jalapeño peppers and parsley to a mini food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the jalapeno-parsley mixture to the lime marinade.
- Add the watermelon, cucumber and grapes to the bowl with the lime juice; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate and marinate for a minimum of five hours, tossing occasionally so the marinade reaches all ingredients for maximum flavor. Serve chilled.
This salad tastes best if you take extra care to cut the watermelon and cucumber the same size.