Even if you are not into clean eating, you will still want to learn how to make clean chocolate bark with raw honey. Hands down, honey makes the best sweetener for chocolate. No dairy needed either….
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp raw manuka honey (like Wedderspoon which is our favorite!) (can sub maple for vegan)
- pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract ( like this one from Watkin’s)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (like this one from Navitas Naturals)
- 1/4 tsp stevia leaf powder (optional)
- 1 tsp organic ground coffee (optional)
- 1/4 cup raw pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the oil and coconut butter in a small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until coconut oil and coconut butter melt. Immediately stir in the honey, vanilla and pinch of salt and continue warming over low heat, stirring constantly, until honey melts. As soon as the honey melts, remove the saucepan from the heat and immediately stir in the cacao powder, stevia (optional) and ground coffee (optional). Pour the mixture onto the prepared parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on the pecans or walnuts. Transfer chocolate to the freezer and freeze for at least 45 minutes before serving. ***Chocolate bark will melt below 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Store in freezer for up to 1 month.***