Dinner Pancakes – If you’re looking for an easy dinner meal, then you must try these Savory Dinner Pancakes. They are pretty hard to beat! I can make the batter in advance or I can whip them up at the last minute without having to think about thawing anything early in the day.
Make These Savory Dinner Pancakes in a Pinch
I almost always have all of the ingredients in the house, which means no last-minute grocery runs. And they are perfect for vegetarian meal to add into the weekly dinner rotation.
If you have our Clean Cuisine book then you know I am always looking for creative ways to incorporate fruits and vegetables into as many different recipes as possible. Dinner pancakes are actually the perfect recipe for sneaking in a serving or two of vegetables.
Eat Your Vegetables (or Sneak Them Into Dinner Pancakes)
It is super easy to work vegetables into a dinner pancake recipe long as you cook and soften the vegetables a bit at first. Once softened, I then transfer the vegetables to a high speed blender and puree with the rest of the batter.
Not only do vegetables give a serious nutritional boost, they also add a delicious savory flavor to just about any pancake recipe. For this recipe, I use sauteed carrots. But, you can also use thawed peas, pumpkin puree, sweet potato or even eggplant.
As for toppings and sides, I like to serve savory pancakes with a dollop of nut cheese (Kite Hill almond cheese is especially tasty), kimchi and chopped fresh herbs. I add a simple side salad and maybe a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and dinner is done!
Savory Dinner Pancakes
Savory Dinner Pancakes can easily be made in less than 30 minutes and the whole family will love them. Carrots and brown rice ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 tablespoons divided
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 cup hemp milk or other nut milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups cooked short grain brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat; add the carrots and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, or until carrots are soft. Set sauteed carrots aside.
- In a high speed blender, add the eggs, hemp milk, baking powder, remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, spelt flour, rice and salt; process on high speed until ingredients are well blended. Add the sauteed carrots to the blender container and process again until batter is smooth and creamy.
- Wipe a thin layer of oil over the bottom of a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1/2 cup batter to the skillet and cook until small holes appear on the surface, about 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook on the second side for another 2 minutes. Don’t pat them down or turn a second time. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Keywords: Dinner Pancakes
Looking for More Clean Eating Recipes?
Our Clean Cuisine Dinners digital cookbook offers a full month of clean eating dinner recipes including weekly menu planner, shopping lists and more!