These nutritious savory carrot and brown rice dinner pancakes are 100% whole grain. They are easy to make and the perfect recipe for hectic weeknight meals.
- 4 tablespoons organic unrefined red palm oil OR extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 pasture-raised eggs (such as Vital Farms)
- 1 cup hemp milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup spelt flour (Note: I like One Degree Organic sprouted spelt flour)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked short grain brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat; add the carrots and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, or until carrots are soft. Set sauteed carrots aside.
- In a high speed blender (such as a Vitamix), add the eggs, hemp milk, baking powder, remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, spelt flour, rice and salt; process on high speed until ingredients are well blended. Add the sauteed carrots to the blender container and process again until batter is smooth and creamy.
- Wipe a thin layer of oil over the bottom of a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1/2 cup batter to the skillet and cook until small holes appear on the surface, about 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook on the second side for another 2 minutes. Don’t pat them down or turn a second time. Repeat with the remaining batter.